Marco Polo to Spitsbergen

greenland

Just wondering if anyone has done this cruise, would love to hear what people thought of it. Really want to go to Spitsbergen and the itenery sounds good.

Did this 2010. Great cruise, lots of deck space to view scenery. Really liked the ship- classic, that didn't notice the rough weather we were told was out there.

Saw many whales & lots of birds. Landscapes were fascinating & several glaciers.

Would go again if I can time it right and would certainly choose this ship.

Did this 2010. Great cruise, lots of deck space to view scenery. Really liked the ship- classic, that didn't notice the rough weather we were told was out there.

Saw many whales & lots of birds. Landscapes were fascinating & several glaciers.

Would go again if I can time it right and would certainly choose this ship.

Gaelsail,

I just wanted to ask, how is the MP doing in terms of service ? When I was on her two years ago, during her short time with Trasnocean, she was a mess, in terms of personell. Although I did enjoy the cruise, as many crew told me, and was clear from the moment I boarded, the ship itself was a complete mess. Was there much amiss during your cruise ?

Also, what was the nationalities of the crew ?

I would love to take a voyage with Cruise and Maritime, but it is the service, which was simply unacceptable (crew which cannot speak English (vast majority), hardly any had been on a ship before, etc... the MP was really battered in her time with Transocean... So if this problem is sorted I'd love to be back on board in the quickest time frame.

Thank you !

I just wanted to ask, how is the MP doing in terms of service ? When I was on her two years ago, during her short time with Trasnocean, she was a mess, in terms of personell. Although I did enjoy the cruise, as many crew told me, and was clear from the moment I boarded, the ship itself was a complete mess. Was there much amiss during your cruise ?

Also, what was the nationalities of the crew ?

I would love to take a voyage with Cruise and Maritime, but it is the service, which was simply unacceptable (crew which cannot speak English (vast majority), hardly any had been on a ship before, etc... the MP was really battered in her time with Transocean... So if this problem is sorted I'd love to be back on board in the quickest time frame.

I thought the crew were lovely, most spoke (and joked) in good English. They also seemed to be very professional and proud of their ship. They were a real mix of nationalities, perhaps with an emphasis on East European. Didn't matter, they seemed to work well as a team.

The ship itself was in pretty good condition- I felt much happier onboard MP than on some much newer ships, I guess that's all a matter of taste though. We had a slight technical hitch one day but it was sorted so quickly it didn't really cause any problems. I notice MP hasn't been cruising for the last couple of weeks and she seems to be in Bremerhaven so this possibly her annual refit?

Here's the photo-report I wrote at the time

I thought the crew were lovely, most spoke (and joked) in good English. They also seemed to be very professional and proud of their ship. They were a real mix of nationalities, perhaps with an emphasis on East European. Didn't matter, they seemed to work well as a team.

The ship itself was in pretty good condition- I felt much happier onboard MP than on some much newer ships, I guess that's all a matter of taste though. We had a slight technical hitch one day but it was sorted so quickly it didn't really cause any problems. I notice MP hasn't been cruising for the last couple of weeks and she seems to be in Bremerhaven so this possibly her annual refit?

Here's the photo-report I wrote at the time

Thank you for that ! Now I think I can actually consider a cruise again with her. She was a lovely ship, but when I went on board she was falling apart having not been serviced properly since her time with the Orient Line, with a crew that was simply incapable of serving on a ship, and unable to speak English (our waiter didn't know what green tea was, and was completely lost when we ordered a cappuccino), I am a very easy to please person, I loved that cruise, but remove the Antarctic landscape and it had little going for it. Transocean (or C&M) could not possibly have maintaned a company in that way, Transocean's British sector fell through and I guess everything is sorted now, which is great ! :D

anyway sorry for going on and on!

Archived