Cave tubing in Belize

Steelermoose

Hello everyone...I have a question about cave tubing in Belize that someone may help me with. I am 6'5 and 300 pounds. Not obese or anything, just huge! Is this an excursion i may have trouble on? No one has been able to tell me whether or not thee are some really tight spaces and i would hate to get stuck in a Belizean cave!!! lol Please help is you can

I'm a big guy too and you'll have no problem at all getting through the caves. I went when the water was low and my big butt was definitely scraping bottom a few times.

The other issue is that you have to hike through the woods to the starting point. It's not a particularly long or difficult walk, but if you have mobility issues, it might be a problem.

Just back we did cave tubing .com $45 and well worth the money. The guides are great and made us feel safe the whole time. We had a super good time and had a hour and a half to spare to shop when they dropped us off. We would do it again in a heart beat.

Very safe the state park required 1 guide per 8 persons. cave tubing.com used 2 guides per 8. The 2 things that they stressed was safety and getting you back on time. Tons of fun for half the price of the ship.

We used cave tubing.com and had a great time. If they offer you the cashew wine on the bus, take it. But, be careful, it is addicting. This was one of the best excursions we have ever been on.:D

We just got back from Belize last week. Right now, the water level is quite high, so no "butts up!" required :D

We went with Nacho from NCQ Adventures. Simply fantastic. We actually did the combo tour - ziplining and cave tubing. Got it all done with time for shopping still. Nacho and his wife entertained us the whole time, gave great service, and the lunch we had was very tasty. Definitely recommend you check out NCQ as an option.

Have fun!

We just returned a little over a week ago from our cruise and we too enjoyed cave tubing with cave-tubing.com!!! The guides were amazing, the buse ride was fun, lunch was included and I also liked the Cashew wine. I would do this again with this company and recommend it to anyone who wants to do it. Only $45 a person and you only need to hold your reservation online, no prepayment.

Have fun and remember.... BUTTS UP!!!!:p

I have this booked with cave tubing.com in January. My daughter is going with me and is a little scared. I wandered if anyone that has been on this can help me answer a couple questions...she wanted to know about the water depth and if there are animals in the water she may need to worry about (snakes, etc.)

I wanted to know about what type of lunch cave tubing. com serves generally.....

Thanks for your input :)

Hello everybody.

Do I need a water shoe, if so does they have it for rent :confused:

I booked with cavetubing.com too.

Thanks a lot

Yes you will need some type of water shoe if you have one. They do have used ones for rent. Have Fun!!!!:p

I have this booked with cave tubing.com in January. My daughter is going with me and is a little scared. I wandered if anyone that has been on this can help me answer a couple questions...she wanted to know about the water depth and if there are animals in the water she may need to worry about (snakes, etc.)

I wanted to know about what type of lunch cave tubing. com serves generally.....

Thanks for your input :)

Hi...

There is nothing to fear on this excursion at all. Water Depth was not deep when we were there two weeks ago.. most of the time the guides will walk, except for a few sections. Cavetubing.com provides life jackets for all guests and there is also the other to use the strap on the tube to be connected to the person infront or behind you if they feel more comfortable.

As far as anything in the water... Nope.. maybe just some little minnows.

Have a great time!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

DW and I just got back yesterday from the western Caribbean cruise on the Liberty (RCCL). We did the cave tubing and zipline tour with Nacho and Cynthia (ncqadventuretours dot com). We are both in our early 50s and had no problems with either activity. Nacho and Cynthia are absolutely the best. I highly recommend them. Read on for the why's.

When you go with them, they will ask that you get off of the ship on the first tender. They will be waiting for you at the port and off you go. By going out early, we were the first tour on the site. Ours was the only van in the parking lot when we arrived on a day where 800 people were expected, most of them from ship tours and the large local independent tours with big the big bus. Needless to say, being early made things go very smoothly. We had the ziplines all to ourselves with two guides (a catcher and a pusher) dedicated to us for the entire time. The ziplines included two short (less than 5 minutes) hikes from platform to platform but the guides would stop at several places along the way to point out interesting flora and fauna as well as answer our questions. Normally, with the big tours, there is a guide placed on each platform and you get passed from guide to guide with no guide on the short hikes through the forest. This part was very exhilarating and downright fun. There's something about flying through the rainforest 100 feet above the ground on a 600 foot cable that gets your blood flowing.

Following the zipline, it was off to cave tubing. We changed into our swimwear on site while Cynthia hooked us up with a local guide. Normally she does the tour herself, but she's had a back problem and her doctor has told her to not do it for six months. Anyway, the cave tubing requires a 30 minute hike through the forest to get to the river. Again, it was just DW and I along with our personal guide. It was a very informative hike over fairly easy terrain with lots of short stops along the way to look at plants and animals. There are some protruding roots, but they are easily missed if you are paying attention. You are hiking gently uphill for most of the way but it is not strenuous. You get a chance to walk through a grotto and see some of the cave formations before you get to the river. You are carrying the tube, a ski vest type life jacket, and a helmet. The tubes have handles so they are very easy to carry. About half way through the hike, the guide offered to carry DW's stuff in trade for her carrying his single smaller tube - an offer she couldn't refuse. Once we got to the river, mounting the tube was easy. We walked into the river which was cool but not cold. The guide held our tubes in place and we just sat down into them. After a couple of minutes you get accustomed to the water temperature as it is only your butt really in the water. The river was up a little bit so the guide tied our tubes together as a safety precaution. From there, all we did was ride and enjoy the scenery. The guide did all the work of paddling our tubes to the right places and getting us faced the right direction. The cave tubing was as relaxing as the zipline was exhilerating. We floated through a very large cave (about 45 minutes) and then on the open river back to the hike starting point. It was so relaxing, we didn't want to get out but the guide told that if we didn't, it would take about three days to float to Belize City.

Following the tour, we had a nice buffet lunch on site and then back to the city tour with Nacho and Cynthia. Here's an example of how far they will go to make your day enjoyable. When we got back to the port at the end of the tour, Nacho asked if we wanted to do any shopping as he could take us to a market with better prices than those inside the port. We mentioned that we were only interested in picking up some Belizean rum. He said no problem. He took us back into the city to a little market where he shops and had Cynthia go into the store to pick up the rum for us! She came out with a bottle of rum and some of the famous cashew wine and we were on our way.

If you want a really great tour with a lot of personalized service, Nacho and Cynthia are the way to go. No large groups, no big buses, and great service. What more could you want? Just google "nacho cynthia belize" and they pop up at the top of the list.

• 1 month later...

Archived