Will the Royal Wedding impact our stay in Barbados?

reklawr

Well..... the Royal Wedding is scheduled for Friday, April 29, 2011 while we are in Barbados. While Barbados is an independent nation some people refer to Barbados as Little England. It was a British colony. In 1966, Barbados became an independent nation. It is considered commonwealth realm nation and retains the Queen Elizabeth II as head of state.

I'm concerned that the royal wedding will impact our stay in Barbados. :(

Haven’t heard about a Barbados bank holiday for the occasion, but perhaps one of the full time locals know.

So, short of a bank holiday, or the royal couple honeymooning at Sandy Lane or Cliff Richard’s villa, it should be a normal day on the island. I’ll bet that they don’t come here but go to New Zealand or the Maldives. (But I’ve been wrong before ;) )

Please enjoy your visit! :)

Well..... the Royal Wedding is scheduled for Friday, April 29, 2011 while we are in Barbados. While Barbados is an independent nation some people refer to Barbados as Little England. It was a British colony. In 1966, Barbados became an independent nation. It is considered commonwealth realm nation and retains the Queen Elizabeth II as head of state.

I'm concerned that the royal wedding will impact our stay in Barbados. :(

It should not affect your holiday in anyway whatsoever. The majority of persons on the island have no interest in the royal wedding whatsoever. The Queen is just a token head of state ONLY.

I am interested though to find out in what way you thought it would have affected your holiday? :confused:

Archived