Paradise beach in late aug

PATRIOTSRULE

I am looking into going to PB while in Cozumel. Have two kids (9 and 11) with me and my wife.Will my kids be surrounded by older kids while on the water toys?What is the age limit for parasailing? Can you snorkle at the beach or is it better to get a tour to take you out? Is the beach sandy? Any info on this beach is great. The water toys look great in the pixs, are they fun for real?

You can contact Colleen at PB directly off their website and get answers to your parasailing question. I have seen tweeners on these things in the past; just not sure if its a height, age, weight or no restrictions. I understand you can negotiate your $ for parasailing, but that may be dependent upon how busy their are.

As far as nice sandy beaches...yes. You can snorkel and rent snorkeling gear, but with all the close by activity and lack of "iron shore" it's not the best. Better snorkeling closer to the cruise port and the reef at Chankanaab or the Money Bar, where snorkeling boats tend to go, or even Sunset Beach toward town.

In terms of kids getting crowded out by older teens or such, that'll depend on who's there when. There are plenty of toys around, and I'v enever heard of complaints about kids not being able to spend enough time on them, more likely the opposite, you can't get them out of the water.

Your biggest issue with PB in August, or any Coz beaches for that matter, will be Tropical Storms or Hurricanes. If you're there right after one passes, you'll probably have churned up water and even some wind damage around.

If this looks liek your type of place, then go and have a great time. For lots of cruiser families, this is their spot in Coz and they don't go anywhere else time and time again.

Archived