The World's Longest Miracle Review

beansatw

Wow! What a great review. We'll be on the Miracle for our honeymoon in October. I can't wait to explore her with my new husband. Thanks for writing such a wonderfully detailed & entertaining review. I enjoyed every word of it!

Jenn :D

You are the 'KING'!! Have never seen a review like that one..

CC should send you both a t-shirt and some discount coupons or something.. :)

Whew!! Read every word.. DW has got to make time to read it...

We are traveling on Miracle in 51 days, and I feel like I've been on her already.

THANX!! :D

YOU ARE A FANTASTIC WRITER! I will keep reading it and will keep it forever, it is soooo great! Enjoyed reading every bit of your review! We are booked on the Miracle August 7th 2005, family reunion! This will be our second cruise, the first being Explorer of The Seas to Eastern Carr. we are cruise addicts after that one !! Thanks again for the great PICS! Glad you had a great time!

Kevin,

Wow!! Excellent! You really captured a "live" feeling in your review. I loved the cute descriptions and wonderful pictures. I can tell you really had a great time!! Thanks for sharing your vacation. I read the entire review straight through and only stopped to grab lunch and bring it to the computer so I could continue reading. I even called my husband in to see some of the pictures. He loved them! I am sending your link to my mom so she can read about a first cruise experience first hand -- she is going on her first cruise in May!

Thanks again!!

Awsome review Kevin. I can really relate to your obsessive planning. We are not cruising until September and I am constantly on line researching and then changing my plans.I think Carnival should at the very least give you the photo albums you so desperatly wanted for this wonderful review.

l

I so loved your review. We will be on the Miracle in June, and I was especially interested in seeing all of your pictures of the ports, along with others I've found in the CC forums. On another note, I would like to encourage you to take a Disney cruise, since you are obviously a Disney aficionado (had to check the dictionary on that one)-EVEN if you aren't able to get a balcony! You will stay so busy (Disney trivia-heaven!!) that perhaps you won't stay in the room that much. And, as far as being driven crazy by photographers, you will probably find the complete opposite is true when there are numerous characters everywhere you go! Many of them wear several fashions throughout the trip, and we were surprised at how many different characters were on board. You would truly enjoy the Magic (or the Wonder), it's like your own private Disney World (the nightly shows are equal to any show you will see in the parks) on an elegant ocean liner. Again, thanks for the review and information. We haven't traveled on Carnival in 10 years, and now I am more excited about our upcoming cruise than ever. I appreciate your time. Thanks!

Wow - my thanks to everyone for your wonderful comments and e-mails! I'm glad to know that you've been enjoying my "little" tale. I write these things mainly for my own amusement, but it's fun to share the experience with others, too. (I tend to vacation vicariously through others when I personally can't get away.)

Also, congratulations to those who made it through the saga in a single sitting - you must have a bladder of steel. And did everyone find my hidden "easter eggs" behind the photos? Only a couple of the e-mails referenced them... If you did, enjoy a raspberry daquiri in my name; you've certainly earned it.

I did send the link for the story to Carnival - I'll be interested to see if anyone from there has a chance to look at it. And hey - if they need someone to write a "brief" story about one of their other ships (cough, cough), you know who to call, right? Right? :D

Now, I'll need to come up with something new to write about, won't I? Time to call the travel agent...

Thanks again!

Kevin

Kevin

I read the entire review and enjoyed it very much because you write well and have a good sense of humor. One impression I developed as I read was your ability to convey yours and Mary's outlook on life, and your ability to have a good time together no matter what the circumstances. I take that with me from your writings, and I hope I remember that positive and humorous outlook on the world at certain times in my own life. Thanks again for such a detailed review, but promise me you'll locate an editor before finalizing your first great American novel! Thanks for describing a dessert as "jamming" and not "to die for". By the way, I knew that was Fishburne's first movie - he looks like a little kid on that gunboat!

Hope you are both over your colds.

Nick in Tampa

• 10 months later...

Just wanted to "bump" this so any Miracle cruisers jonesing for cruise info can discover this particular review. It is the definative cruise review. I have read and reread monthly to keep me satiated with Miracle info till I go. Thanks again Kevin the review...it makes my day when I read it.:p

Just wanted to "bump" this so any Miracle cruisers jonesing for cruise info can discover this particular review. It is the definative cruise review. I have read and reread monthly to keep me satiated with Miracle info till I go. Thanks again Kevin the review...it makes my day when I read it.:p

You may want to take note that BUMPING is not "allowed" on CC. If your desire is the bring the post to the top, then you may want to do so by way of a discreet "follow up" or comment on the thread. Just don't use the word BUMP...;) LOL

Tom

oh my gosh.... that took forever. i started at 2 and didnt stop till 5, went to church, came back, and read the last page. That was amazing. props to you. I like that itenerary a whole lot. I do have a question though if you read this, what was the point of taking beans and a weasel on a cruise. I probably missed the point but it was still cool

I do have a question though if you read this, what was the point of taking beans and a weasel on a cruise.

The beans are for my personal Web site, Beans Around The World: http://www.beans-around-the-world.com We've been carrying them around the world for the last 13 years - the joke that won't stop. And as far as I know, they're the only canned vegetables that have gone topless on Deck 10 of the Miracle. So far.

The weasel is for Weaseltrek - http://www.weaseltrek.com It's along the same lines as the traveling can of beans, but only with a stuffed animal. I bought her a mini-sombrero in Cozumel, which she still sports today.

It's interesting to see this thread back again, a year later. I've been feeling awfully sentimental this past month, wishing I was back on the Miracle again. For those of you with upcoming trips booked, I hope you have as great of a trip as we did. :D

I hope you have a new cruise booked so we can read another epic review! Thanks!:)

Ah, how I wish I did. But for now all of my efforts are into completing my business degree. (Not nearly as fun as cruising the open seas, let me assure you.) But our plan for when I graduate next summer is to pack our bags and move to the Tampa area, where cruising will be just a short cab ride away. How sweet will that be? :D

Still, it's fun to relive my cruise memories through the trip reports of others, so when you get back be sure to post a review of your vacation here on CC. Even if you can't be there in person, it's great to live vicariously through others.

Kevin,

That was absolutely the most enjoyable reading I have done in a long time. I felt like I was there with you. I was really sad when it was over . . . I wanted to keep reading. Please let us know about your next adventure and please write about it. I don't have a cruise booked or for that matter any vacation booked (probably won't for quite a while due to financial reasons) but I love reading about others experiences (it's like a mini vacation for me too!)

Thank you for taking the time to write the review . . . it was wonderful!

Hi Kevin (and Mary)

I just found you review and website. Sharing the planning obsession I soaked up everything you wrote. With our cruise (on the Liberty) just 10 days away, I'm at fever pitch!

As a former Iowa resident (Des Moines) now living in Florida - beware - it leads to at least one cruise a year!

Paul

Archived