Is Allure sailing today? Wed 11/24

CleoPat

Just noticed out my office window in Miami (near the port) what looks like Allure sailing along the coast and then making a turn. There were NO ships in the Port of Miami today. We figured it had to be Allure, but did it sail today from Port Everglades down the coast?:confused:

The Allure departed last night for a special non revenue 3 day thanksgiving cruise and will return to Ft Lauderdale on Friday and resume its inaugural sailings. It is not unusual for the ship to remain just off the coast of Miami and Ft Lauderdale during these cruises to nowhere.

The Allure is taking it's maiden voyage, tomorrow Sunday, Nov 28, on a one night cruise to nowhere. It is a fundraiser event for the Miami/Fort Lauderdale Chapters of United Way. This is it's maiden voyage and as is traditional will also be the naming ceremony and christening by the Godmother (whoever that may be). I have been fortunate enough to be invited on this great event and am looking forward to it. I am presently also booked for September 4, 2011 on the Allure. What you saw on Wednesday off the Miami Beach coast was just trial runs the ship is doing to get ready for tomorrow. No guests aboard because the ship has not yet been christened or taken it's maiden voyage. Looking forward to seeing this masterful ship!

Archived