Whale watching

hlb76

Last Feb. We went on the ships photo safari Whale watching tour by Zodiac in PV, It was very good! Nicki was our guide, a marine bioligist & she was great. We saw quite a lot of whales & babies, some backs & tails, one jumped. :)

where is a good place to do some whale watching? Cabo, Matz or PV? Any suggestions on local guides?

In Cabo we have used Pez Gato twice. No problems and a fair price. Would use them again.

Could you give me some info on your experience with Pez Gato, we are signed up with them in Feb.

- how close are they to the tender dock?

- how many people did the boat hold?

- was there any cover from the sun on the boat?

- did you go out in the morning or afternoon? (our ship gets in at noon so we have to take the afternoon trip and we've been told we could have rough water).

Thank you for any info,

Debr

We did the Princess Cruises excursion in Cabo for whale watching. I was hesitant as I read some negative things and do find that independent tours can usually be better and better priced. However, I found the independent tours in Cabo cutting it close in relation to ships arrival and departure and my desire to eat lunch at Solomon's Landing. Therefore, I booked the Princess excursion and couldn't have been happier. The boat they used had plenty of space for the number booked. We went to the bow of the ship and had a fabulous time seeing lots of whales and getting to know some other cruisers. Saw whales on each side of the boat, ate some wonderful chips, salsa, guacamole, as we went back to the marina and had a wonderful time!

Could you give me some info on your experience with Pez Gato, we are signed up with them in Feb.

- how close are they to the tender dock?

A very short walk from the tender dock

- how many people did the boat hold?

Guessing around 30/40. We have been twice and it was not full either time.

- was there any cover from the sun on the boat?

Not really.

- did you go out in the morning or afternoon? (our ship gets in at noon so we have to take the afternoon trip and we've been told we could have rough water).

Afternoon December/March. Did not find the water to be rough. Maybe a slight chop but nothing I would consider rough.

Thank you for any info,

Debr

Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip.

Silly question but we were not expecting to see whales on our coming cruise so are delighted if this will happen but can I check we might - our trip is going from San Diego to Matzatlan, Hautaculo and Acapulco (sorry cannot remember the order) on the way to do a transcanal cruise at the end of January

Archived