Vista Class Table 16

jeda

Hello all! Happy Thanksgiving to all the American CC members!

Can anyone tell me whether or not Table 16 (for 4) on the upper level on the Oosterdam is a window table or not??

Thanks for your help!

Jess

Table 16 is totally across from the windows and is against the far wall and toward the rear of the Dining Room. Looks like it should be quiet and not a ton of traffic 'breezing by'. It is table for six away from nearest service station.

Table 16 is totally across from the windows and is against the far wall and toward the rear of the Dining Room. Looks like it should be quiet and not a ton of traffic 'breezing by'. It is table for six away from nearest service station.

:confused: On this diagram, table 16 is a table for four right next to the windows on the port side. Which of us has the wrong diagram? :confused:

http://www.wa70.com/hal/dining/upperlevelvista.jpg

I described what my diagram shows. :shrug:

Clearly one diagram is not correct. I'm holding mine in my hand and with use of magnifing glass confirm what I wrote.

I am sure you are reading yours correctly, too.

I see two tables numbered 16. One on the right hand side of the dining room, four from the top, and it seats 4, and one on the left side, four up from the bottom that seats 6. Is this possible? Maybe the one on the left side is 15 since all the numbers there seem to be odd ones.

I see two tables numbered 16. One on the right hand side of the dining room, four from the top, and it seats 4, and one on the left side, four up from the bottom that seats 6. Is this possible? Maybe the one on the left side is 15 since all the numbers there seem to be odd ones.

Correct - the tables on the starboard side (left in diagram) are odd-numbered, so the table that you see between 9 and 17 is 15.

Thanks everyone. I have a confirmed table for 4, early dining, table number 16. If it is a window table that would be a great bonus, that is why I was just wondering if anyone knew. Not a big deal, just something else to look forward to :)

Thank you all!!

Jess

My diagram is marked Zuiderdam...... a Vista. The one that preceded Oosterdam so who knows which is currently accurate? :D

Jeda... hope when you return you'll let us know where your table was.

The only thing that surprises me is you would have a confirmed table number. That is very unusual. Almost always they will confirm which seating you are assigned and maybe even size of table but almost never exact table number until you arrive at the ship.

Hope you like your table, wherever it is. :)

Thanks everyone. I have a confirmed table for 4, early dining, table number 16. If it is a window table that would be a great bonus, that is why I was just wondering if anyone knew. Not a big deal, just something else to look forward to :)

Thank you all!!

Jess

Jeda, How did you get your table # prior to sailing? Just interested, since we have a unique situation with an Autistic child. We have already made requests about table size which has been confirmed, but we also asked for a certain table (out of the way of heavy traffic, away from wait stations). I'm certain HAL will honor that request if they can, but it would be beneficial to know beforehand. Thanks for any info.

My mothers Travel Agent made the request. I knew they had talked about table reservations as Mom wants early fixed dining and and the table for 4, and the TA must have picked a specific table, after she talked to Mom.

sevenseasnomad, my Mom has requested specific tables before, through her travel agent, when my Dad was still alive as he was blind and felt more comfortable in a quiet out of the way spot, and he and Mom always wanted a table for 2 as it was less awkward for my Dad. So I am sure with your TA's help and your special needs explanation it would not be a problem, Good Luck!

Jess

Archived