Transporting Liquor back home......

beehee124

We brought back 7 bottles from last weeks trip. We had two in the cardboard boxes they give you on board (from the gift shop), 4 were wrapped in a kind of spongy material from the store where we bought them and one was in a paper bag. We wrapped the ones not in a box in dirty clothes and put them in the middle of the suitcase with no problems. The box ones we put in the bottom of another suitcase. All arrived safely.

We also bought a pottery sink and the store wrapped it in brown paper. We opened up the paper wrapper and filled it with dirty underwear and socks and then put a lot clothes around it. It also arrived safely.

We have always just put our liquor purchases in the suitcase with clothing around them with no problems. I am sure eventually we will have some issue - but 9 cruises now with nothing broken.

Where I have bought, they would box it for me and then you can carry it with you on the plane, even with your carryon. I always bring a roll of duct tape with me to make sure it is secure and maybe add a few things to the box too. Most boxes hold 4 or 6 liters though.

June

My son did fine with his liquor, or so he thought until halfway thru his flight they noticed an aroma of vanilla....it was his vanilla flavored rum. Evidentally someone trying to jam one more thing in the overhead baggage compartment had managed to break it! What a mess! :eek:

Archived