private tour for nine in jamica

zocko123

it would help to knw which port in Jamacia we were talking about

but in my experience, on Ocho Rios all one would need to do would be to head off the ship to the taxi stand and tell a dispatcher I had 9 who wanted an island tour and after negotiating the price you'll be in a van and on your way .... this is NOT an unusual request and actually a GOOD FARE for most of the drivers that will be lined up at the stand. Most are carrying a 'hostess' aka tour guide just dreaming of a fare like yours.

I've been to Ocho MANY times over the last 25 years, last time this May, and used this approach to get my group to Dunn's River.

I would contact Ken Smythe at Discover Jamaica. He has 12 drivers that if they are all as good as the one we had (Chris) will be great for you. I would specifically ask for Chris if he is available. This tour company drives guests around that are staying at villas for a week but they also do cruise ship tours as well when available. To contact Ken: ally876@hotmail.com or 876-956-5450. I have not called or emailed him but am getting that information from his card. We rented a villa for a week and this is the tour operator they suggested using for car and van service. I'm not sure what they would charge you for the day but I'm sure it would be reasonable and they would make sure you were not late getting back to the cruise ship. You can contact them and ask those questions since I am not familiar with how they work with cruise passengers but I did want to provide what I know would be great service. He can easily accomodate 9.

Bill

I would contact Ken Smythe at Discover Jamaica. He has 12 drivers that if they are all as good as the one we had (Chris) will be great for you. I would specifically ask for Chris if he is available. This tour company drives guests around that are staying at villas for a week but they also do cruise ship tours as well when available. To contact Ken: ally876@hotmail.com or 876-956-5450. I have not called or emailed him but am getting that information from his card. We rented a villa for a week and this is the tour operator they suggested using for car and van service. I'm not sure what they would charge you for the day but I'm sure it would be reasonable and they would make sure you were not late getting back to the cruise ship. You can contact them and ask those questions since I am not familiar with how they work with cruise passengers but I did want to provide what I know would be great service. He can easily accomodate 9.

Bill

Here's the website: I just emailed him and he sent his website in the email so I thought I would provide it: http://www.kenstaxiandtoursjamaica.com/

I'd vote for Mark Morris of Marks Tours. He just took 5 of us up to 9 Mile to see Bob Marley's birthplace, to Scotchie's for some fantastic jerk chicken and then shopping afterward.

He is a sole proprietor and since it's his name on the company he really goes the extra mile to make sure that everything is perfect. His van is new, roomy and comfortable (plenty big enough for 9+ people) and he will do everything he can to make sure you have a wonderful experience in Jamaica. He's also very knowledgeable and personable. I would use him again in a heartbeat!

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for Mark Morris - I got his contact from this website and I'm soooo glad that I used him for our tour! He's extremely educated and knowledgeable and takes the time to cater the tour to your needs! His bus is in excellent condition - very clean!

A true gentleman ...i would highly recommend him.

• 1 month later...

I stayed in Runaway Bay 2 years ago and used Traverse Jamaica. There were six of us in our group - the rate at that time was $$250 for the entire day - I believe 10 hours. His vans will hold many more than 6 - 9 will fit very comfortably. Lascells Broderick was our driver - he even picked us up at the airport and took us back. Besides the airport transfers we actually used him 3 other days. We are still friends to this day!!!! He is such a wonderful person and guide. We did Dunn's River Falls, Appleton Rum Factory, Lover's Leap, authentic jerk chicken, Spanish Town, lots of really fun stuff that was just fabulous. I would truly recommend him to everyone. He has a website - www.traversejamaica.com and if you go to the tour packages - and look at the 2nd one - that's me standing in my favorite thing in the world - a grove of Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee plants. Next to me is Lascells and his uncle.

He has packages listed on the site, or he will customize whatever you would like to do. Believe me, you won't be disappointed!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived