From Happy supporter to Disappointed

Careg

Agree.

I've gone to breakfast and come back to retrieve my (packed) carryon, to find the bed already remade. I simply don't get the big deal -- you're not going to crawl back into bed once you're up, are you? So who cares if the fresh sheets are on and the bedspread has been replaced. Changing the bed is the least intrusive thing the steward can do early (unless you're still in it, of course). I for one would much rather have Stewart hovering around me that last morning than have to wait an hour or more to even get into my cabin on embarkation day. That last morning is not the time for leisurely breakfasts and post-prandial strolls together around the ship. To my way of thinking, it's nice they're feeding me before I leave but it's not "my" cruise anymore once that ship ties up -- time to go.

Well said as always :)

This happened to us on the NCL cruise we were on, no big deal. Now we always eat breakfast (yum) and try to be out of the room before 8 to catch a flight home.

Ive been considering not posting this but after two days I still am frustrated .

Just returned 14 days Hawaii on the Golden. On disembakation day we awoke at 6 am, went to the horizon to get breakfast some coffee and juice and take it back to cabin. At around 7am back in our cabin during breakfast my dh remembered leaving his hat in dining room we went off to retreive it at then back to the cabin all within 15 minutes. (remember we have until 8am and our stuff was everywhere in our cabin)

Upon returing the cabin steward was in our room, had the bed stripped the pillow cases off the pillows, everything on the floor and was preparing to put the new guests sheets on..

We had not finished breakfast coffee or juice, had not showered.. had not packed it was obvious that we had not vacated the cabin.

We both had gotten a cold about 6 days into our vacation.. As a matter of fact many fellow cruisers all got colds and you could not go anywhere without hearing coughing and sniffeling. Some cruisers had to stay in their cabins due to this cold thing. I am sure our steward was aware of our colds since he had to change the tissue dispenser three times due to us using all the tissues. So realizing that we may have gotten into bed that first night on sheets that the last guest had access to floored me especailly since there was a open half bottle of lotion by the bed when we entered the cabin the first day. That was eww and creepy enough.

I think we all expect that once we walk into a room whether hotel or cruise ship that The previous guests have not been sitting on the bedding or laying down or have had there belongings all over it.. never mind my coughing and blowing my nose all over the place That the room is fresh and clean at least thats one of the things I think I am paying for.

I dont ever think Ive ever gone into a room/cabin where the bed linens were changed before the last guest left/vacted the room and it certainly makes me frustrated to think that Princess does this. Now we know why the cabins are ready at noon.. I did report this to the housekeeping supervisor.

We have had this happen on all cruise lines we have been on. As others have said it is the stewards busiest day and they have to get started as early as they can. They only change the sheets. The don't clean the bathroom or remove towels until you leave. Mummsie

Wow....we have never had this happen but we were instructed by our stewards to always keep the do not disturb sign in our slot until we are ready to change it to the other side as this helps them alot. Our room did not have bedspreads on it when we arrived this time but later found them under the bed.

Also the Patters stated for us to be out of the cabin by 8 am and we are always showered, packed, dined, and out before then.

Thanks! Last cruise was in May, they must have changed the bedspread thing since then. I wonder what they did with those 10's of thousands of old bedspreads? lol

I was on the same Sapphire cruise and my room steward said the same thing -- no more bedspreads. I can't remember which port we were in but in one of them we saw a huge amount of bedspreads bagged up and sitting on the pier like they were ready to be tossed out or maybe given away. It definitely looked like they were going out and not a new bunch just arriving on the ship.

Just catching up with this thread. Sure, Stewart may not have done his job 100% pleasingly...unlike the rest of us. But I honestly don't get what the big whoops is...especially as concerns all them nasty germs. Gee, I certainly hope none of us is shaking hands unless we're thoroughly sure the other person has sanitized, and that we're all putting down plastic sheeting before sitting down on one of those unsterilized chairs where some sick person might actually have touched their nekkid flesh. I suppose if I were all Freudian, I'd focus in on the bedness of the situation - violation of whatever, and all that - but I'll instead thank heaven that my immune system is hearty enough so I don't have to go around in a panic.

On the other hand, when I went back to my cabin on a HAL ship to discover that the steward had propped open the door, leaving it wide open and unattended while he went to fetch something, now that made me mad.

On the sea, it was immigration from 6.30 onwards, then breakfast.... But not being collected from ship till 2pm.... So yes we did want to lie on the bed till the 10 am official leave your room time. With the entire ship waiting to disembark hours later finding a chair or a lounger was very difficult.

Archived