ZUIDERDAM SUNFARER NOV 13-23 The rest of the story

AZNative2000

Absolutely delightful review :):).

Sounds like you were well pleased with your suite choice....hmmm not sure when we'll 'suite sail' again ..but if we are on the same cruise can we come for wine and a little peek for old times sake ?

Colleen ... Who could not be pleased with this balcony? Here's a peek and, as you know, that's not the half of it.:D

BALCONY1.jpg

What is a honeymoon table? How is it different from an ordinary 2-top? IMWTK.

On the level of the MDR for "Anytime Dining" there are two tables all the way in the corners at the stern. (One on either side.) There are windows on two sides (I think ... I saw them at night.) and a pillar on the third side. That makes them as private and romantic as you can get in a room of 250 diners. I assume they were nicknamed "Honeymoon tables" for that reason.:)

On the level of the MDR for "Anytime Dining" there are two tables all the way in the corners at the stern. (One on either side.) There are windows on two sides (I think ... I saw them at night.) and a pillar on the third side. That makes them as private and romantic as you can get in a room of 250 diners. I assume they were nicknamed "Honeymoon tables" for that reason.:)

Oh! Of course! We were seated at one of those tables a while ago, and it was great for privacy, peace and quiet, and etc. I'd forgotten all about them!

Oh! Of course! We were seated at one of those tables a while ago, and it was great for privacy, peace and quiet, and etc. I'd forgotten all about them!

Table # 122 and #127 ( 127 is my favorite,favortite).. as you say a much quieter dining experience...I found our server to be very attentive.:)

Might not be everyone's cup of tea ..I find the MDR can be a little noisy,,not an issue if you are dining in a group...but when it's just Lee and I ,we enjoy being tucked away in one of those quiet corners.:)

Did they have any Christmas decorations up when you were on the ship? We are on it on Dec. 3 and hoping it is decorated - it is so much more festive. Last year we went on the Eurodam a week later and it was all decked out.

Sorry, no Christmas decorations but remember it was Nov-13 when we sailed. But they may have them up for you.:) Happy Holidays!

I don't remember if you mentioned, but was there any wind on this balcony? Again, thank you for the lovely review :)

Typically, when the ship was moving, there was wind on the side part of the balcony and there was some breeziness on the back part but not enough to interrupt my reading, muss DW's hair, or move anything off the table when eating there.:)

When we got into the strong starboard-side winds during two of our sea days it was gustier on the side AND the back but the part of the balcony next to the wake-facing partition was still usable. Some starboard-side friends couldn't even open their balcony door sometimes on those days.:eek:

I will post some photos of the balcony here and Joanie will have all my photos soon (when she returns from the Nieuw Amsterdam).:)

AZNative 2000, thanks for the great review! We sail in two weeks and you are one of the ones that inspired me to arrange RoV for me and DH as we celebrate our 40th. We'll also be enjoying our first aft balcony.

BlueBayou08 and Baldy811 come join our roll call - maybe we can get a M&G together?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1260721

I am so glad that this got bumped back to the front page or I'd never have been able to read it.

What an amazing review of my next ship:)

Loved the details so much that I may be able to convince hubby that even with my COPD and Asthma I think I can do this cruise if I stay in and on the ship near my oxygen.

Loved it!! Loved it!! Loved it!!

Ship's Public Area Photos are up and running!!

Joanie

I am so glad that this got bumped back to the front page or I'd never have been able to read it.

What an amazing review of my next ship:)

Loved the details so much that I may be able to convince hubby that even with my COPD and Asthma I think I can do this cruise if I stay in and on the ship near my oxygen.

Loved it!! Loved it!! Loved it!!

Ship's Public Area Photos are up and running!!

Joanie

You have COPD and asthma and you smoke?!:eek: (You mentioned that you smoke in another thread). And you have oxygen on board? Omigod.

AZNative 2000, thanks for the great review! We sail in two weeks and you are one of the ones that inspired me to arrange RoV for me and DH as we celebrate our 40th. We'll also be enjoying our first aft balcony.

Hi friend! Glad you liked our story. Can't wait to hear about your RoV :):) as well as your whole cruise so have a GREAT time and take notes.:D

You have COPD and asthma and you smoke?!:eek: (You mentioned that you smoke in another thread). And you have oxygen on board? Omigod.

Oxygen Concentrator Not Oxygen. Turns room air into oxygen only when it is turned on. I DO NOT smoke when the concentrator is on.

Not going to take this off topic anymore and detract from AZNative2000's beautiful details of his cruise. I ask that we all respect him in this please.

Joanie

Archived