Just back from Eclipse - any questions?

Infi

[quote name='BamaD']Now I feel the need to mention a few amazing things.

Ava's Thai massage.

Relaxation room - open to all - front of deck 11.

Those heated tile loungers in the Persian Gardens.
point.[/QUOTE]

Bama,
Is the Persian gardens area only for aqua class? How about blu?
Can you describe the relaxation room? (sounds great)
Is the spa cafe open to everyone?
We are sailing eclipse Jan 8, concierge class. My hubbies first celebrity cruise, he is a RCI fan. I am fairly certain he won't be after this cruise.

[quote name='anaco_angler']Does anyone know which shows are on which nights on the Western Caribbean itinerary? We don't want to miss the Cirque type show, Eclipse, or Edge but we do want to book a specialty restaurant one evening--just not on the Eclipse or Edge evenings. Thanks.
Dennis[/quote]

Production shows are always on the formal nights. Ovations was the first formal night (Sunday), Edge on the last (Thursday). Eclipse was the only one not on a formal night, Tuesday on the Eastern. If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably the same for the Western, if only so the production shows are staggered and every other night.

[quote name='ckpp']Was ship time the same as local time in St. Maarten and St. Kitts? I'm trying to schedule excursions for our 1/29 sailing and this info will help greatly![/quote]

Yes, ship clocks are set forward one hour to local time on Eastern.

[quote name='anaco_angler']Does anyone know which shows are on which nights on the Western Caribbean itinerary? We don't want to miss the Cirque type show, Eclipse, or Edge but we do want to book a specialty restaurant one evening--just not on the Eclipse or Edge evenings. Thanks.
Dennis[/quote]

From recent western itinerary:
Sunday -- Ovations
Tuesday -- Edge
Thursday -- Eclipse (the 'cirque' style show)

Z3Racergirl,

The Persian Gardens were well-guarded on the November 20 Eclipse cruise. AQ, [COLOR=blue]or[/COLOR] people who had bought a day pass, [COLOR=blue]or[/COLOR] people who had booked a spa treatment that day were allowed in.

When I sailed the Solstice last year, the rules were the same but, in reality, anyone could walk in and use it. On the Eclipse, the the spa has been reconfigured and the desk stands right in front of the PGs. Now one shows their AQ card and is handed a card that opens the door. However, if you ask to be shown the gardens, they unlock the door and leave you there. It would give you plenty of time to look around, sit in the loungers, and decide if it was worth the money.

The relaxation room is open to all, although no one seems to know this. It is front on deck 11, and has self serve coffee, tea, and flavored waters, very quiet music, and wonderful lounges. This was my husbands favorite place.

Aqua Spa Cafe is nice and open to all.

Do go to Bistro on Five. It is a $5 dollar cover, food is fabulous, service is perfect. Order whatever crepe you want, THEN order a Pistachio, Banana and Nutella Crepe for the table! (I don't like any of those ingredients individually, and I'm still reeling from how good that was!) They have the best fruit, and best Ceasar Salad on the ship. Almost all the patrons were CCers.

Enjoy your cruise - Susan

Susan, thank you SO much for filling me in on all this. You provided answers to many of the questions roaming in my mind. So, you check in at the same place to enter the PG and/or spa service? If I were having a massage late afternoon, would I be allowed in PG earlier in the day? I agree with your theory about the relaxation room. I think it is a hidden treasure for most. Can't wait to sail !

Archived