Chef's Table Question

Prof Peg

This looks like a repeat but hopefully it's not --- we have reservations for the Chef's Table on the Legend in January (thank you, John Heald). It's a surprise for my DH and for our travel friends partner. We were going to buy them a Carnival apron for Christmas and enclose the sheet that talks about Chef's Table. But now I'm reading in several places where you get a cookbook and an apron???? Others say no you only get the cookbook. Does anyone know the current answer on this? Hate to give DH two aprons, maybe I'll give him a Carnival bucket of beer :D (to celebrate his rowdy side and his more refined side).

Where did you read about aprons being given out, I have only heard and read about the cookbooks. I personaly have no use for the apron but am looking forward to receiving the cookbook next week on the Elation.

This looks like a repeat but hopefully it's not --- we have reservations for the Chef's Table on the Legend in January (thank you, John Heald). It's a surprise for my DH and for our travel friends partner. We were going to buy them a Carnival apron for Christmas and enclose the sheet that talks about Chef's Table. But now I'm reading in several places where you get a cookbook and an apron???? Others say no you only get the cookbook. Does anyone know the current answer on this? Hate to give DH two aprons, maybe I'll give him a Carnival bucket of beer :D (to celebrate his rowdy side and his more refined side).

This past Wednesday I was enjoying the Chef's table on the Imagination. The only time an apron was brought out was when one of the guests helped make chocolate melting cake with the pastry chef. But he had to give the apron and hat back when the demo was done. : )

As part of our dinner we received a printed up welcome from the Chef with our name on it and the nights full menu, the Carnival Creations cookbook, signed by our Chef, an 8x10 photo taken of all of us at the table, and a copy of the chocolate melting cake recipe that we'd made earlier in the evening.

All around excellent experience

Where did you read about aprons being given out, I have only heard and read about the cookbooks. I personaly have no use for the apron but am looking forward to receiving the cookbook next week on the Elation.

You're absolutely right, Awchief, when I went back looking for the threads, I think it was the Oasis of the Seas where they were giving aprons.

Thank you, Host Mach - I look forward to the experience, cookbook, photo and all!!

How do you get to sit at the chef's table?

You make a special request- it is $75 for the evening and sounds lovely. Suggest searching here as there are several long threads including a menu and directions for requesting the reservations.

We got the cookbook but no apron, doesnt matter to us, I dont use an apron nor would hubby....but our son and his to be wife at the time wore an apron when they were doing some cooking before their wedding on the beach in st thomas durning the chefs table. Have fun, it was an amazing evening!!

This past Wednesday I was enjoying the Chef's table on the Imagination. The only time an apron was brought out was when one of the guests helped make chocolate melting cake with the pastry chef. But he had to give the apron and hat back when the demo was done. : )

As part of our dinner we received a printed up welcome from the Chef with our name on it and the nights full menu, the Carnival Creations cookbook, signed by our Chef, an 8x10 photo taken of all of us at the table, and a copy of the chocolate melting cake recipe that we'd made earlier in the evening.

All around excellent experience

We were with BSQ and two other couples and I think everyone really enjoyed the experience. If you are a drinker, you will enjoy all the red and white wine and champagne to go along with the 7 course meal and the wonderful Chef Luis(on Imagination). I would strongly suggest that yopu all consider being part of the experience-it was worth more than the $85 PP plus tip.

Archived