Has anyone cruise on Constellation?

CaribbeanGirl

I'm considering cruising on the Constellation since it stops in Grenada, we need to go home and check on some things and I prefer to take a cruise icon_wink.gif. Has anyone been on there lately? I'm really interested in hearing some recent feedback about the ship.

Thanks

Carnivale 1/7/93

Fastcination 9/9/94

Celebration 6/28/98

Celebration 9/6/98

Celebration 12/26/99

Carnival Destiny 10/1/2000

Carnival Destiny 10/8/2000

Inspiration 5/13/2001

Inspiration 5/20/2001

Carnival Triumph 12/29/2001

Carnival Triumph 1/5/2002

Carnival Pride 1/4/2003

Yes, I was on the April 3 sailing. Grenada was wonderful. We booked an independent tour with Mandoo, and it was simply the best. One of his drivers, Alistar, took us through St. George's, up the coast to a fishing village, into the rain forest, to Concord Falls, to Grand Etang volcanic park (a great stop), the historic Douglastown Spice Plantation and then to Grand Anse Beach where we soaked up some sun and sand for two hours. Truly an amazing experience. We all learned so much, and my 11 year old son wants to do it again.

All for $40 per person!!!!

This is one port where I would schedule an excursion in advance if you really want to see the best places. I loved Grenada, and I hope to return someday.

Oh, and about the ship. Here are some great tips:

-- There is a sushi bar from 6 to 10 p.m. in the aft deck (seaside grill). You can drink a glass of wine, watch the sunset, eat sushi and watch the scenery as you leave port. It was one of our favorite things to do.

-- There is tea time between 4 and 5 p.m. in the seaside grill. Fabulous finger sandwiches and treats.

-- If you want an alternative, the Aqua Spa cafe serves great, healthy food, including desserts. After consuming massive quantities of food, this was a nice change.

-- The ship is beautiful; there are no words to describe it. Clean, great artwork, nice romantic places like the champagne and martini lounges.

-- The pool deck gets very crowded on the one sea day. If you want a poolside chair, you need to get there early.

-- Try to arrive at the ship early in the afternoon. That way, you get to explore it at your leisure. For us, this was a relaxing way to start our cruise and we found out where everything was.

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like its a great ship. It should be a great cruise even though I never sailed on Celebrity before. Sparky3229 you are so right Grenada has the crazy drivers I have ever seen. It took me a while to start driving there. Nywritestuff I'm glad you had a nice time in Grenada.

Carnivale /7/93

Fascination9/9/94

Celebration 6/28/98

Celebration 9/6/98

Celebration 12/26/99

Carnival Destiny 10/1/2000

Carnival Destiny 10/8/2000

Inspiration 5/13/2001

Inspiration 5/20/2001

Carnival Triumph 12/29/2001

Carnival Triumph 1/5/2002

Carnival Pride 1/4/2003