Acapulco Van Tours

ibisroost

Does anyone have advice on van tours in Acapulco?

Rosie or Rudy or any other host info would be greatly appreciated.

My family group of 8 booked with Rudy's Tour by Van and had Sergio for our tour guide on the Spirit in earler this month. We had a great time and were able to customize our tour a little bit, we opted not to stop for lunch or shopping so that we could see more sites. I also needed a Rx refilled and he stopped a a few pharmacies to see if they had what I needed. The cliff divers are not to be missed, they put on an amazing show, the end to a great day.

Nancy

Sebastian Hernandez is a terrific tour guide and can be reached at eskp_rsh@hotmail.com there is an underscore _ between the P and the R in his email address.

As far as advice all of the above will take you to the Chapel of peace which is across town and the furthest point you will drive through the main section of the city. The Hotel Los Flamingos and the cliff divers will be on the Itinerary and perhaps a walk through the Zocalo for some local shopping if that suits you.

Another of my favorite spots is the Sinfonia del Mar if your around at sunset this Amphitheater offers one of the best locations to see the sunset and is minutes from the cliff divers.

• 1 month later...

We were on a tour with Rosie 2 weeks ago in Acapulco. Her company maybe fine but I would recommend you ask to go with one of her employees and not with Rosie. Our experience being in her van was a huge disappointment. We so wished we would have stayed on the ship. She spent 75% of her time on her cell phone. She would be in the middle of telling us something, her phone would ring, she would look at it and say "oh I have to take this call". She would answer the phone, walk away talking on it and come back several minuets later. We spent an hour going 2 blocks behind a garbage truck through a market area that would be consider a supreme health hazard here. I cannot recommend her. Our hours in Acapulco were a waste of good vacation time.

Just back from the Panama Canal Cruise and we toured with Rosie in Acapulco. We had a wonderful time. Rosie provided 4 large clean vans for us to ride in on an 89 degree day. Unfortunately one of the vans had air-conditioning trouble and this caused Rosie to be on the phone with everyone of her competitors trying to find a van to transport the 10 passengers for the rest of the day. Understanding Spanish helped me to know what she was doing. I guess I should have translated this for the others in the van. We were in Acapulco on a holiday and the traffic was horrific. We heard everyone back at the ship talk about the terrible traffic and how they sat in traffic. Rosie was in a van and knew all the side streets and so we by passed traffic. We were behind a garbage truck for a long block. Rosie explained that you never knew when garbage day was in Acapulco. The truck just showed up. I loved the experience because we were on a typical market street that the poorer locals went to. For the hour we had the delight of slowly moving along the road and watching people purchase good and foods, butchers cut meat handing from a carcass, chickens hanging, etc. What a delight. Rosie knew everyone in town, was friendly, informative, wonderfully courteous. I am so glad we had the tour with Rosie. I highly recommend going with her.

One of our group had children and they didn’t feel that the tour would be good for their children. They communicated with Rosie by email before the cruise what they wanted and she sent an Escalade and driver to take them to other sights that were more children friendly. They also reported having a wonderful time.

Sebastian Hernandez is a terrific tour guide and can be reached at eskp_rsh@hotmail.com there is an underscore _ between the P and the R in his email address.

As far as advice all of the above will take you to the Chapel of peace which is across town and the furthest point you will drive through the main section of the city. The Hotel Los Flamingos and the cliff divers will be on the Itinerary and perhaps a walk through the Zocalo for some local shopping if that suits you.

Another of my favorite spots is the Sinfonia del Mar if your around at sunset this Amphitheater offers one of the best locations to see the sunset and is minutes from the cliff divers.

We just did a tour with Sabastian on Jan 9th and out of all my years of vactioning and doing tours, his tour was the best hands down not one of my fellow cruisers had a compliant and we all each tipped him 20% over and beyond his going rate, even the non tipping couple...he was truly that good. I am going to be doing a review once I catch my breath from work.

Many TA regulars reaccomended him and I must say he was incredible.:)

I guess if you are in the front of the van with Rosie and can hear what she is saying and understand Spanish it works for you. I had to crawl in and out of the back seat of Rosie's Van over the tire at every stop, there is not a opening to the very back seat. I am almost 60 years old and work out regularly but crawling in and out of the very back seat over and over again on a hot day was too much for me. As I said earlier I would not use Rosie, herself again but might consider one of her employees although Acapulco is not a place I intend to visit again. I guess in closing I would just say be careful about the situation you are in on one of Rosie's tours.

Rosies Tours

I agree totally with fluffyscruffy coments about Rosie. We were on a tour with Rosie driving, she was constantly on her cell phone even when she was driving, we were stuck behine a garbage truck for over an hour. At the chapel we waited over 15 minutes for her when she started talking to us about the chapel her cell phone rang and she stopped to answer her phone, more than one time. She showed total disrespect to our group. She asked me 3 times if I had paid for the tour and twice if I was with her tour, after the divers show we asked to be taken back to the ship, and not to continue with her, we were not alone as another 10 people wanted to go back as well, so one of her drivers took us all back in one of her vans. I would say that was one of the worst tours I have been on, can not recommend Rosies Tours

We just did a tour with Sabastian on Jan 9th and out of all my years of vactioning and doing tours, his tour was the best hands down not one of my fellow cruisers had a compliant and we all each tipped him 20% over and beyond his going rate, even the non tipping couple...he was truly that good. I am going to be doing a review once I catch my breath from work.

Many TA regulars reaccomended him and I must say he was incredible.:)

Quincy

Glad you enjoyed the city there really are some wonderful sites to see. Sabastian really does a good job and my family loved him very friendly another reason he is highly recommended.

Used Rosie on our Norwegian cruise in November of 2010 when we were in Acapulco. We had enough CruiseCritic people to necessitate the use of three vans. Rosie and her other drivers were wonderful. We had a great tour, she, as well as her drivers, were very informative, very professional and we always felt safe. I would definitely recommend her for any tours you are doing in Mexico. Again, everyone on our tour had a great time and it was one of the best tours of our cruise.

She was so awesome to work with ...we had many questions and concerns. It was like meeting a friend when we first saw her in Acapulco. She went out of her way to meet the needs of each and every one of us (cc friends that we shared with). She ended up staying with us for hours beyond what she needed to and we all had a delightful dinner up on some hill overlooking the bay. A little tip for anyone using her...she loves vanilla Oreo cookies. I had never heard of them and they don't sell them in Mexico, apparently. I lugged some from the Walmart in Arizona and you should have seen her smile!

We just got back from a Celebrity cruise sailing San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale with a stop in Acapulco. We e-mailed Rosie about 3 months prior to leaving home. She easily filled our comfortable, air-conditioned van with 6 other other cruisers -- a perfect number for a personalized tour. She was waiting for us when we got off the ship -- easy to spot in her hot pink blouse and sign. Her business is very good, so she had 2 other drivers that were taking additional tourists that same day. She took us to all the famous sites and fabulous viewing spots and provided good commentary as we drove along. Cold drinks were included in the price. Compared to the ship's tours, Rosie's tour was much more inclusive at a much lower cost, so we would highly recommend her to anyone. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Below is the letter I wrote to Rosie after our most wonderful tour of Acapulco. I have simply copied it below because it 'says it all'. Accept no substitutes. She is the best.

JB-LHR

Dear Rosie,

What a pleasure it was to meet you and your team. You are all VERY special and it was a memorable day. Your bubbly personality, your attention to detail, your care about cleanliness and making us all so comfortable, your people skills, your ability to put us all at ease, your knowledge about your beloved Acapulco, your organizational skills, your many little ‘personal touches’ like the drinks, the towels, the gifts at the beginning of the tour, the TRUST you have in human nature that payment at the end of the tour is acceptable, the special care for those who have ‘mobility problems’ , and finally, your business sense (knowing exactly what will please the tourist) were all VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!! Please share this with your team. They all care … and it shows!!!

Thanks again for the present. We will cherish it as our memory of Acapulco until we return … which I promise you we will (the stay at Las Brisas was missed 30 years ago, we NEED to do it!).

Thanks again for all your help. We loved it and will tell as many people as we can.

All best wishes to you, your team (Jose and Raoul) and your family.

JB (and his group of ????)

• 2 weeks later...

Rosie's van tour is definitely the way to see Acapulco. The cost is very reasonable, the tour can be tailored to your wishes and she is quick to reply to e-mails. Rosie and her staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and her drivers are excellent. We were able to visit different sites in her van that are inaccessible to a larger bus. We've been on many tours in various parts of the world and Rosie's compares with the best.

We recently toured Acapulco with Rosie and were extremely pleased with her tour. The cost is very reasonable and the tour can be tailored to your wishes. Rosie and her staff are so friendly, knowledgeable and her drivers are excellent. All speak excellent English. We were able to visit different sites in Rosie's van that were inaccessible to a larger bus. We've been on many tours in various parts of the world and Rosie's compared with the best.

We toured with Rosie a couple weeks ago. She was excellent to work with--replied promptly to my emails and was there waiting for us when we disembarked. We had enough people for 2 vehicles. We were delayed due to a mechanical problem with our ship and yet she fit everything in without it feeling rushed.

She is very professional and her tour was very good. I was in the van with Rosie and to accommodate those who couldn't hear her well she moved to the back of the van. It worked like a charm.

I highly recommend Rosie while in Acapulco.

We have just returned from our 14 day cruise on Oceana, there were 6 of us in our group. Arriving on an early flight in Acapulco we had a full day and night in port. I had contacted Rudy prior to our visit and he had put together an individual tour for us. I had specifically asked to see the cliff divers at night. Rudy responded promptly to emails and I was confident that he would deliver. We were not disappointed, he was exactly where he said he would be to meet us, the van was clean and air conditioned, he speaks very good english and his knowledge of his city is brilliant. We saw the real Acapulco, yes that included armed police and the army on the streets. But at no time did we feel that we were not safe. We all enjoyed the market and the other places we visited and Rudy knows the best place to take pictures for the best views of Acapulco! Rudy and Jose showed us their City and we were very pleased with the tour.:)

We just returned from a wonderful Panama Canal trip on the Coral Princess and one of our stops was in Acapulco. For about the last 6 months I have been communicating with Rosie concerning a tour in Acapulco. Rosie is very quick to respond to all e-mails and very accommodating with special itineraries and working with any special needs you may have for the day.

When we arrived at the port Rosie was there waiting for us with special gifts, a nice air conditioned van and lots of cold beverages for our day.

Rosie knows all the highlights and history of Acapulco and was a delight to listened to during our day. Our tour flowed perfectly seeing all the sights and she even picked a wonderful lunch spot for us on the beach that was just perfect. At no time during our tour did we feel unsafe or in any danger in the locations Rosie choose for our day.

I can honestly say our day in Acapulco was one of the highlights of our trip because of Rosie's attention to details and her eagerness to please her clients. You can't go wrong with a tour with Rosie.

Debr

• 1 month later...

Another recommendation for Rosie. Our experience was excellent from beginning to end. What a nice lady who is soooo proud of her city and very knowledgeable.

P.S. I don't understand how you can blame the tour guide for traffic??

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from a 28 day Panama Canal cruise with a stop in Acapulco. I had arranged a tour with Rosie before we left and even had a few special requests. Rosie was waiting as we got off the ship and we were on the road right away. We went everywhere she had promised plus the special places I had requested. She was very through and informative and we had a wonderful tour and a great lunch. I would highly recommend Rosie and would use her again if we ever go back to Acapulco.

Archived