Carnival Platinuim Perks ?

joybaby

Love the fact that they do our laundry and only bring half the clothes we used to.

Wow, this is SO cool. We will be on our first cruise as platinum members soon. I didn't know about this........ What kind of a job do they do with the laundry? Do they wash it all in really hot water and stuff? I'm pretty fussy about some of my things. Do they do any ironing? (Probably not. Wash and fold....)

Wow, this is SO cool. We will be on our first cruise as platinum members soon. I didn't know about this........ What kind of a job do they do with the laundry? Do they wash it all in really hot water and stuff? I'm pretty fussy about some of my things. Do they do any ironing? (Probably not. Wash and fold....)

Just wash and fold using very hot water. Some peolple have said there stuff has shrunk but we have never had a problem.

Mostly they get my T shirts and golf shirts and underwear and some of DW's stuff.

Wash and fold is it, pressing will cost you. They have always done a nice job with my stuff. It comes back bagged and folded.

There will be a bag and laundry slip in your room, just fill the bag and fill the slip out with what you are sending them. I write "Platinum Laundry" on the slip and bag so they don't accidentally charge my S&S.

The steward usually picks it up in the morning and it generally comes back the next day. Sometimes they return it the same evening, but usually it comes back the next morning (except the last day, they've always returned it the last evening).

Wash and fold is it, pressing will cost you. They have always done a nice job with my stuff. It comes back bagged and folded.

There will be a bag and laundry slip in your room, just fill the bag and fill the slip out with what you are sending them. I write "Platinum Laundry" on the slip and bag so they don't accidentally charge my S&S.

The steward usually picks it up in the morning and it generally comes back the next day. Sometimes they return it the same evening, but usually it comes back the next morning (except the last day, they've always returned it the last evening).

Our laundry has always come back the same day about 6 pm.

We enjoyed our first Platinum cruise on the Valor; just returned home today. The VIP embarkation was awesome! We were able to check in with our 18 y/o son (who was in a different cabin but linked to our sail & sign card) with no problem. His S&S card was already at the VIP desk, along with ours. Ironically, so were his cousins' cards who were not linked to our S&S card and didn't check in with us. Seven other familly members arrived at the port at the same time as us (around noon) and we beat them on the ship by about 40 minutes.

We took advantage of the wash & fold service and it was fine. We just sent underwear and socks and it came back somewhat folded (but it was clean and didn't matter if it was wrinkled, so no problem). ;) It was picked up Thursday morning and we had it back that evening. We'd definitely take advantage of that again.

Another nice perk was the special line at the Guest Services desk. We had a private party booked for our family and also did a "burial at sea" with my MIL's ashes. Both were coordinated by a group services coordinator and it was nice not to have to wait in any lines to meet with her. We were treated very well.

Archived