Electrical Outlets

mpslaw

I am concerned about the number of electrical outlets in Club Suites. As we bring along an electric tooth brush, water pick, CPAP machine, 2 cell phones and a computer I am wondering whether I'll need some double or triple plugs to bring along!

Thanks

@mpslaw -

I take it that you are US cruiser. We had a total of four outlets, as you can see in the picture: 2 European and 2 US. We travel with our toys as well: iPod, iPad, 2 cell phones, etc. We just take a normal 6ft household extensions cord with three plugs at the business end. The US outlets are polarized, so a normal extension cord will fit. As long as we do not need to charge ALL our toys simultaneously, it works well. The picture is of an SV aft cabin on the Quest.

1677858994_QuestOutlets-m.jpg.898760818f0e8e7d7f13df9de2c90e09.jpg

@mpslaw -

The outlets are indeed at the desk - close to the balcony door.

I seem to remember an outlet in the bathroom (110V) for an electric razor.

Maybe a longer (9 or 12 ft) extension cord would work better for you?

@maryann_ns -

We too have an adaptor plug for the European outlets, which we use mostly on our pre- or post cruise vacation in Europe. Fortunately Apple chargers are universal, for voltages between 110 and 220.

The outlet in the bathroom is a US two prong outlet. However it will not take common US plugs with one wider than the other. I think these are called polarized. I knew this before our last cruise and had my husband file down the wider prong on a night light. That worked great.

If you need something by the bed, you should bring an extension cord.

In the Club Continent suite, those outlets are UNDER the counter/desk in the cabin. I did not have adaptors, so had to get down on my knees daily to unplug chargers and plug in my hair dryer.

There is an outlet (one) in the bathroom on the hair dryer. We could charge thing there, but it was not strong enough to owe my hair dryer.

The lack of accessible power was honestly my only complaint on our cruise!

I am concerned about the number of electrical outlets in Club Suites. As we bring along an electric tooth brush, water pick, CPAP machine, 2 cell phones and a computer I am wondering whether I'll need some double or triple plugs to bring along!

Thanks

you should travel with a 12 foot extension cord that will permit a hookup of the cpap near your bed. Just unplug and roll upm the cord every morning

:D:D

We always travel with a multi-outlet power strip. I think the power strip is about 6" long but has 4 outlets. It solves the problem of multiple charging needs. Re the CPAP machine: you might want to check with Azamara to see if they could arrange something a bit more permanent for you. In addition, if you don't have some accommodation for battery back-up, I'd recommend that you do so. We've had power outages occasionally on cruises, even though only for short periods.

Archived