Bring back the Music Whatever bands!

CWcruisers

Just got off the Spirit this morning. Great cruise, but the lounge entertainment was terrible. What happened to all the awesome Music Whatever bands? The band in Club Cool was just not good. The female lead singer was out of tune, and then the Lido Deck Reggae band, same things. Jafar, the piano guy was a good singer and played the piano well, but he either doesn't like to take request or just flat out won't. That's fine, then put away your tip jar. A friend of mine came in on the evening of his 10th wedding anniversary and asked for a song, put money in the tip jar, waited 30 minutes and it was obvious that is was not going to happen. I thought that was rude.

More CCL cutbacks? And now no comment cards to express my opinions? Guess that is a cutback also.

We had Music Network on Destiny and they were the BEST thing about the cruise IMHO

they are a cover band, from Phillipines...they can do any sort of music, lot of energy and lot of personality

I loved the Liberty but they had the "only" (at the time) American Band, low energy, long drawn out solos, played stuff I never heard of played some of their "original" songs..not fun

Welcome home Wendy - sorry to hear about more 'cutbacks'? I think some of the ships still have some of the good 'asian' music XXX bands - at least I hope so! And I think the comment card is now an 'email' survey which you will hopefully get pretty soon?

And I always hate hearing about bad 'piano bar' experiences - how hard is it to get a dynamic piano player to 'run his or her own show'? I have had some great fun in the piano bars (ron pass) and some dismal experiences too! I think Carnival should 'monitor' these a bit better and listen to the comments and act accordingly!

....and did you guys attend the 'fun farewell' party? Hearing mixed reports from other ships and wondering how it was on the Spirit?

Froufie we did not go to the Farewell party because we had a private cocktail party right before it.

I'm glad to hear that some of the Phillipino bands are still around because they are awesome. But the ones on the Spirit, also an American band, wer just like Sharecruises said, lackluster and boring.

And I do agree, they really need to monitor the piano bar more. It's a good money maker when there is a good entertainer.

Glad to hear the comment cards have not gone away. I always fill mine out and recognize special crew members.

We were on the Liberty last month and they had one of the Music ___ bands and they were great.

Before that had another one of the Music ____ bands on the Glory in May also excellent.

They are still around. Music Unlimited is the best and hope to see them on the Miracle in Jan.

Archived