Spirit class 5191/5190

jtdlmc

Anyone been in either of these cabins? I'm wondering just how blocked the view is because of the wall beside the balcony - where the next set of cabins juts out? Can you see anything looking in that direction or only straight out? I'm wondering if cabin 5234 would be a better choice? I posted a similar question and received an answer that the wall would be a good windblock, which is also part of the consideration.

Your balcony will be partially obstructed by the lifeboat - so when you look down over your balcony, that's what you'll see. I would not recommend that, if having a great view from your balcony is important to you. It's the same for 5234.

I stayed in 5192 on the Spirit and loved it. No more wind on that balcony than I've experienced elsewhere. I wouldn't prefer to book a room in those sections that are "indented" - because looking down is the lifeboat.

Have a great cruise!!

Your balcony will be partially obstructed by the lifeboat - so when you look down over your balcony, that's what you'll see. I would not recommend that, if having a great view from your balcony is important to you. It's the same for 5234.

I stayed in 5192 on the Spirit and loved it. No more wind on that balcony than I've experienced elsewhere. I wouldn't prefer to book a room in those sections that are "indented" - because looking down is the lifeboat.

Have a great cruise!!

I don't mind looking down at the lifeboat but 5191/5190 are the first "indented" cabins and there is a wall at the one end of the balcony that looks to extend out quite far. I'm thinking we will not be able to see anything at all looking that way. At least with 5234 I think there would be a view forward, aft and straight out?

I see your point. Yes, your view toward aft would be seriously affected in 5190/91. In 5234 I think you'd have better sight lines. But not all the way to the front or rear of the ship in these 'indented' sections. I'd love to hear from someone who has been in these rooms.

Well, my PVP just called to remind me that final payment is coming up soon and so I changed cabins. I figured it must be "meant to be" since he called - lol. We won't be on the balcony much other than for morning coffee and maybe other short breaks, but figure we might as well get the best view we can ;)

Archived