Sun Deck Plans

psbtrvlr

I was on NCL's site and clicked on Ships, and then Sun, and then Deck Plans. I then went to the booking engine and pulled up the sailing of the Sun I wanted, and it was a different deck plan?!? Which deck plan is the 'real' one???

was there a physical difference in the plans or the cabin categories?

when I looked at the regular deck plan link, there are two tabs...one (the one that normally opens) is for sailings before Apr 22, 1011 and the other is for sailings after that date. The art work is significantly different in the two plans...and the cabin categories are different too....the same goes for all of the NCL ships. Maybe you are looking on the booking engine for a sailing after 4/22/2011 and when you looked at the deck plan for the Sun on the other page, it came up for the current (pre 4/22/2011) sailings.

To clarify the above explanation a bit.... Several months ago, NCL announced a renaming of it's cabin categories that goes into effect April 22, 2011. It's supposed to be a better, improved naming convention. So their deck plan pages show's both versions. As stated above, there is a link (upper right of the deck plan page on their website) that allows you to select the proper time frame. If you select the link for your desired sailing date, I would expect it to match what you see when you go to book the cruise.

To clarify the above explanation a bit.... Several months ago, NCL announced a renaming of it's cabin categories that goes into effect April 22, 2011. It's supposed to be a better, improved naming convention. So their deck plan pages show's both versions. As stated above, there is a link (upper right of the deck plan page on their website) that allows you to select the proper time frame. If you select the link for your desired sailing date, I would expect it to match what you see when you go to book the cruise.

The new categorization will garner additional revenue from staterooms in the more preferred areas.

Archived