Celebrity Mercury - January 3, 2011

doughnut

Glad you are joining us on the cruise. We are in cabin #5021. Have you signed up for the Connections party or the BYOB wine tasting? We are from Toronto, Canada.

Look forward to seeing you on board,

Dave & Wes

Hello Dave & Wes...I'm a great fan of Toronto. It's a wonderful city. I have an outside guaranteed cabin, but I have not yet been assigned a specific one. Yes, I signed up for the Connections Party. I don't know anything about the BYOB wine tasting. I enjoy good wine, but I probably don't qualify as an oenophile! I'm curious...are you flying directly to Baltimore? I'm taking the train from New York...quite painless, I expect! Everett

Hi Everett,

Wes and I are actually going to bus it on an overnighter to avoid the 3-hour pre-arrival hassle at the airport for U.S. customs/upgraded U.S. security procedures. That plus about a 1-hour trip to the airport during the day encouraged us to try the bus route. The bus depot is also a 5-minute walk from our condo.

The informal wine tasting is being organized by Katie H. You can find her post on page 7 of the general thread for our cruise. She has included her e-mail there. It sounds like a fun icebreaker - nothing too serious or pretentious!

Dave

Dave - That will be quite a long bus ride! I hope you and Wes can get comfortable for that journey. I'll look into the wine tasting.

Have you made any plans for port days? I'm looking for some ideas. I usually take the ferry to St. John when docked in St. Thomas. I know a beautiful beach there. And in St. Martin, I usually head for Orient Beach. Apart from that, I haven't made specific plans.

Everett

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everett,

You sound much more ambitious than us! We have been to several of the ports before, looking forward to seeing St. Kitts and St. Maarten. No firm plans for port days yet, we were looking at this cruise as a post-holiday de-stressing exercise!

Dave & Wes

Hi Dave and Wes -

I would hardly say I'm ambitious! My idea of a day in port is to take a cab to a nice beach and lie in the sun. After a number of these cruises, I have gotten to know some of the beaches...but still undecided on where to go in St. Kitts. I went to South Friars Beach last time, and it was somewhat of a disappointment.

Winter feels like it is here. I'm psyched for this cruise!

Everett

Archived