Malcolm Burns

cruiser fanatic

Malcolm has been my absolute favorite cruise director. The only cruise director who actually did a walk/tour around the adult aft deck to say hey!!! I'll try to post a pic I have with him. We were on the Miracle when it hit the deck in St Kitts and he was great!!! The pic I have with the Captain after the ship hit the pier the night of past guest is precious too!!!

I guess I'm the oddball. Just had him on the Miracle. I saw him at the Love and Marraige show and on the TV for the shore excursion talk and disembarkation. Everything else my husband and I went to (production shows, comedy, activities around the ship) were handled by Sparkles, the Asst CD.

We have sailed twice with Jorge and we really liked him. One of the funniest people we have ever met.
I Agree, we've sailed with Jorge once and he is very funny, friendly and very approachable. I hope we get to sail with him again. The "Morning Show" he does on CCL TV is great, always made sure to see it.

I liked him. He attended a CC meet and greet and opened the floor up to comments/questions which I thought was pretty brave. Of course it turned into a mostly complaining session :mad: but I told him I appreciated him (and the asst CD) for taking time to be there. Which was true because he seemed to give some honest answers and didn't back away too much from things being brought up. It was interesting to get some insight from his perspective.

But even without his appearance at the M&G I would have liked him. I mostly saw him on TV since we don't do the shows much, but he seemed to have a good sense of humor.

But someone won a glass of champagne at our CC meet and greet when Sparkles asked the name of the CD during a trivia game and they answered Malcolm Burns! So I guess that's close enough. :p
Close enough, yes but I checked out a copy of our FUN TIMES and his name was spelled on the front cover Malcolm Burn. I would have challenged in the trivia contest.:p

I liked him. He attended a CC meet and greet and opened the floor up to comments/questions which I thought was pretty brave. Of course it turned into a mostly complaining session :mad: but I told him I appreciated him (and the asst CD) for taking time to be there. Which was true because he seemed to give some honest answers and didn't back away too much from things being brought up. It was interesting to get some insight from his perspective.

But even without his appearance at the M&G I would have liked him. I mostly saw him on TV since we don't do the shows much, but he seemed to have a good sense of humor.

That's very nice that he showed up at your M&G along with his asst CD, glad to hear that you guys spoke up and expressed your opinions to him. It's really important that when you to customer have an opportunity to get a face to face with the CD you speak your mind. GOOD JOB!!!

You know you've cruised with Malcolm Burn when you get off the ship and shout Whooo Hoooo!!!! lol

You will hear differing opinions on every CD, but Malcolm has by far been our fav. Heck, he's really the only one that we can "remember". The rest haven't made an impact on our experience either way. Malcolm has an infectious personality and is a very likable individual. I can see where some folks could be "put off" or "annoyed" by his trademark "Whooo Hoooo", but to each his own.

Can I get a WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

can anybody tell me about Malcolm Burns I see he will be our cruise director

Sailed with him many years ago, don't remember which ship. Really liked him, does he still wear his kilt? ;) Would love to sail with him again.

Luv's Crusin'

Archived