How can I have my teens (16 & 19) stay in their own cabin?

christiecruise

I bet someone out there has the answer! My NCL consultant told me when booking the Spirit for June 12, that one person in each cabin must be 21. I put my son and hubby in the balcony cabin and my daughter and myself on a lower deck in the ocean view room.

Of course that is not where we will stay! But how does it work with key cards? Will mine need to be set for the OV room and my son's for the balcony? Or maybe is there a separate card that I could get to open the door to where I will actually be staying?

I love NCL, but this technicality seems crazy! These are our kids and we are paying for both rooms ;)

Thanks for the help!

You can get extra key cards (make them key-only) as needed from the front desk when onboard. You will need to use your own card for charges and the other as a key card if staying in a different cabin than booked

Should be no problem once settled in, unless your kids cause some kind of problem that calls-in security.

Your cabin steward(s) could care less.

be sure to mention that you just need an extra key for that room... don't share the part about who's staying where as it only complicates things and they will inform you that an adult must be in each cabin.. blah blah blah... simply have 1 card for access to your room and your charges, and a second card for access only to the other room...

Chain them to the beds and order room service to be delivered. :)They have a key! Put a game boy in their hands. A movie on the TV. Ipods in their ears. They will be fine. Just please don't let them crowd the staircases or the elevators. If they've been brought up right it should not be a problem.

Ha ha, Ms. belp,

Honestly, they are really good kids. 19 yo DD and 16 yo - well hard to call a 6'1 190 lb. football player a darling anything. 4.0 students and don't party (I really do know this, not just wishing to believe it). Both are a bit shy, if anything I am worried that they will keep to themselves too much! So I won't need to chain them to the beds, but they will be all over room service! DH and I laugh about how our baby boy loves his perks wherever we go!

But I don't understand your comment about clogging the staircases/elevators? Is that a problem with teens? Please share.

Thanks so much to all of you who responded, love CC!

Ha ha, Ms. belp,

Honestly, they are really good kids. 19 yo DD and 16 yo - well hard to call a 6'1 190 lb. football player a darling anything. 4.0 students and don't party (I really do know this, not just wishing to believe it). Both are a bit shy, if anything I am worried that they will keep to themselves too much! So I won't need to chain them to the beds, but they will be all over room service! DH and I laugh about how our baby boy loves his perks wherever we go!

But I don't understand your comment about clogging the staircases/elevators? Is that a problem with teens? Please share.

Thanks so much to all of you who responded, love CC!

We have just come back from a b2b on Epic and we had 3 teenage boys who shared the same room and we sorted the key situation out within the 1st hour on board and we told them the situation with no problem at all.

As to the kids clogging the staircases/elevators i have never seen this and i know my teens had better things to do on board epic than clog those areas, i think people who don't want kids on board ships should find adult only cruises and go back and hide under their shells.

Many years ago, we took our 2 kids on the Norway. What we did was book 2 cabins with one adult in each. When we checked in, they assigned the kids their own cabin and us our own. The details are fuzzy, but as long as the booking shows one adult per cabin, they did not seen to care who was where. of course, all of the charges for both cabins were on one bill.

There have been reports about where the teens go when they are getting away from their parents and the club is 'boring'. They tend to hang out in the stairwells and talk, play handheld games and basically just do what teens do without getting into trouble. ;)

If you take the elevators mostly, you probably won't encounter any. I didn't encounter any at all on my transatlantic in Oct, but that's because the median age seemed to be over 60 on that crossing. :D

Archived