Conquest Questions

marne001

Have not been on the Conquest since it's redo in 2005; do all staterooms still have refrigerators?

Is the Captain's Welcome party still held in one of the seated venues and are drinks provided (free :) )?

Are drinks still free at the repeater's party?

Thanks a bunch!

Have not been on the Conquest since it's redo in 2005; do all staterooms still have refrigerators? Yes. Just ask your room steward to unlock it for you.

Is the Captain's Welcome party still held in one of the seated venues and are drinks provided (free :) )? We no longer have a captain's party. Instead they have "happy hour" where drinks are I think $1 off. Now we have a farewall party held on the last sea day where drinks are free.

Are drinks still free at the repeater's party? Yes. Don't forget to tip your waiter or waitress! They deserve it and are so appreciative. :D

Thanks a bunch!

Hope this helps!

To follow up on charmy's responses, that happy hour (replacing the cocktail party) is not really worth doing. The $1 off drinks are only on selected drinks. It's not held in any venue in particular. The officers and social hosts are scattered throughout the promenade deck, and you can go meet them & talk to them. That's pretty much it. I now just ride the waterslides until about 5:00, since I don't need much time to get ready for dinner.

The farewell party is at 5:00 on the last day. Drinks are free there. It is not well attended, and it is not advertised at all. The Fun Times will mention it and where it is, but it won't say exactly what it is. Many people probably think it's a special group thing. Most of the ones that know about it are packing anyway and don't want to mess with it. Waiters are always standing around with trays full of drinks, just waiting for someone to need another. We're always able to get all we want.

The past guest party will be quite full. Drinks are still free. If you want a chance at a second drink, tip a couple bucks to the one who comes to you first, and ask for another drink or two each. They will remember what you wanted and where you were. Shhh! It's a secret!;)

How do you find out about the past guest party and when is it? We are sailing for our second time on the Conquest in January and I would definitely attend! Thanks

I had an invitation in my stateroom when I arrived on board. Tells you the time and place of past guest gathering. This was no the Conquest in Aug this year.

How do you find out about the past guest party and when is it? We are sailing for our second time on the Conquest in January and I would definitely attend! Thanks

Like dac61 said, the invitation will be delivered to your stateroom, telling you when & where. Although for us, the invitation hasn't been in the room the day we board, so don't worry if it isn't there for you the first day. We always get the invitation the day before the party, which may not even be until day 6. And fyi, if you ever take a cruise shorter than 5 days, there will not be a past guest party.

Archived