Nassau Wedding Need Transportation

Sauer-kraut

Hi, I've been to Bahamas.com but would really like to know if anyone has hired a cab/charter company for larger group transport.

We will be going to a wedding from the ship in July and will have about 35 people needing to get from the ship to the venue and back, the wedding planning rep. on board is quoting $20 per head, which I thought was a bit high. Not sure yet where the venue is but surely we can get a coach or mini-van caravan for less per head.

Does anyone have ANY information on reliable operators in Nassau?

Thanks for any help.

Hi, I've been to Bahamas.com but would really like to know if anyone has hired a cab/charter company for larger group transport.

We will be going to a wedding from the ship in July and will have about 35 people needing to get from the ship to the venue and back, the wedding planning rep. on board is quoting $20 per head, which I thought was a bit high. Not sure yet where the venue is but surely we can get a coach or mini-van caravan for less per head.

Does anyone have ANY information on reliable operators in Nassau?

Thanks for any help.

My wife and I were married in Nassau, it is a great place to be married! $20 per head seams really high. With that said though, you really ought to nail down where you are getting married to see how far from the dock you are going to need to transport your people. If you are getting married on shore I believe you need to be in the Bahamas for two business days, at least that was the rule when we were married 5 years ago, so you may need to check that out too...

Steve

My wife and I were married in Nassau, it is a great place to be married! $20 per head seams really high. With that said though, you really ought to nail down where you are getting married to see how far from the dock you are going to need to transport your people. If you are getting married on shore I believe you need to be in the Bahamas for two business days, at least that was the rule when we were married 5 years ago, so you may need to check that out too...

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I'm not the one getting married, a friend's niece is and I was given the task for the taxis. ;)

Evidently the wedding planner on board has taken care of the license and that somehow cruise weddings are exempt from the residency requirement. I had read about the 2 day wait as well, and emailed that information to the mother of the bride, so she could worry about that. Maybe I'm just the one left in the dark as to the wedding location. (It wouldn't be the first time). The Bride was adamant that the ceremony be done ON THE BEACH, so we'll see what happens. :)

Thanks Steve,

I'm not the one getting married, a friend's niece is and I was given the task for the taxis. ;)

Evidently the wedding planner on board has taken care of the license and that somehow cruise weddings are exempt from the residency requirement. I had read about the 2 day wait as well, and emailed that information to the mother of the bride, so she could worry about that. Maybe I'm just the one left in the dark as to the wedding location. (It wouldn't be the first time). The Bride was adamant that the ceremony be done ON THE BEACH, so we'll see what happens. :)

I should have added that while we were there ahead several of the guests took a cruise down for the day. We were married at Sandals, I believe the guests (there were only 6 that cruised in) just took a taxi from the dock, I will ask them how much they paid...if they can remember!

Steve

Here's a link to the current taxi fares.

http://www.bahamas-treasures.com/bahamas/Nassau_Taxi_Fares_2004.html

Most cabs are vans and can hold 6-8 ppl. Depending on where you are heading, they will charge you $5-8 per head.

Not knowing what part of the island the wedding is taking place will be a detriment in booking. No company will commit without knowing this.

$20 round trip is not a bad fare if you are booking transportation to be available for a return trip as well. You are essentially taking the car out of service for a period of time.

As for the license, I have never heard that the law is lax for cruise passengers. Usually what happens is that the 48 hour rule starts when you enter bahamian waters.. so those stopping in Freeport or one of the private island first before getting to Nassau, are covered. If for some reason your ship skips those islands.. the license won't be valid.

Great replies, thanks so much. Scubagirl, that makes a lot of sense about being in Bahamian waters, let's hope we don't skip any islands...

I'll send this link to my friend and they can read up from here. Thanks for taking the time to respond. :)

Archived