Krewe of RCCL

ccxnola

The Krewe of RCCL (Revelers of Cruise Critic unLimited)was founded to recognize the return of Grandeur Of The Seas to New Orleans after the Katrina happening. We had a GREAT time on that cruise and the Krewe met again after that for other cruises on other ships.

In every instance, we had a lot of fun, tossed beads and other stuff to the guests on-board and even presented beautiful plaques to the Captains of the various ships.

In October 2011 there will be a trans-Atlantic sailing of Voyager of the Seas for her assignment to New Orleans as home port!!

It is time to plan for your 2012 winter cruise! AND…Voyager Of The Seas will be sailing from NEW ORLEANS on February 18, 2012 for a 7 day cruise – Mardi Gras will be February 21, 2012!

You could come to New Orleans for a couple of days, enjoy the real Mardi Gras spirit with the fantastic parades (and perhaps catch some beads) that week and then sail away on Voyager OTS for a Mardi Gras like no other!!

The itinerary is about the usual: Cozumel, Mexico (my Cruise Critic Shirt is in the rafters at Coconuts!); George Town, Grand Cayman (check your bank account); Falmouth, Jamaica (love dem steel drum bands); And then back to NOLA.

It will surely be a FUN week on-board – especially if the expanded Krewe of RCCL has a spectacular Mardi Gras parade. Unlike Grandeur (which was pretty much around the pool and shops), Voyager OTS has the Grand Promenade. Those Krewe members that were with us on the sailing out of Galveston will remember that event!!

Anyway – think about it, look at your future plans and then decide to make Mardi Gras 2012 an event to remember with parades in New Orleans and a Krewe parade on Voyager OTS. (Beads for Krewe members will be less expensive since there will be NO shipping charges!!)

Let me know your thoughts – Charlie and the Angels will be on-board!!

OH, and yes, we do need to identify a King and a Queen of the Krewe for this event.

Laissez le bon temps roulez - Let the good times roll !!

Charles

The Krewe of RCCL (Revelers of Cruise Critic unLimited)was founded to recognize the return of Grandeur Of The Seas to New Orleans after the Katrina happening. We had a GREAT time on that cruise and the Krewe met again after that for other cruises on other ships.

In every instance, we had a lot of fun, tossed beads and other stuff to the guests on-board and even presented beautiful plaques to the Captains of the various ships.

In October 2011 there will be a trans-Atlantic sailing of Voyager of the Seas for her assignment to New Orleans as home port!!

It is time to plan for your 2012 winter cruise! AND…Voyager Of The Seas will be sailing from NEW ORLEANS on February 18, 2012 for a 7 day cruise – Mardi Gras will be February 21, 2012!

You could come to New Orleans for a couple of days, enjoy the real Mardi Gras spirit with the fantastic parades (and perhaps catch some beads) that week and then sail away on Voyager OTS for a Mardi Gras like no other!!

The itinerary is about the usual: Cozumel, Mexico (my Cruise Critic Shirt is in the rafters at Coconuts!); George Town, Grand Cayman (check your bank account); Falmouth, Jamaica (love dem steel drum bands); And then back to NOLA.

It will surely be a FUN week on-board – especially if the expanded Krewe of RCCL has a spectacular Mardi Gras parade. Unlike Grandeur (which was pretty much around the pool and shops), Voyager OTS has the Grand Promenade. Those Krewe members that were with us on the sailing out of Galveston will remember that event!!

Anyway – think about it, look at your future plans and then decide to make Mardi Gras 2012 an event to remember with parades in New Orleans and a Krewe parade on Voyager OTS. (Beads for Krewe members will be less expensive since there will be NO shipping charges!!)

OH, and yes, we do need to identify a King and a Queen of the Krewe for this event.

Charles

Hey Charles!:)

Bill & Sharon have booked, we are cbn.# 9610, Early seating, from Quitman, Texas. We really enjoyed the Mardi Gras cruise in Feb. 2009 on Voyager, Thank You for letting us know, this will be an awsome cruise.:D

Bill & Sharon have booked, we are cbn.# 9610, Early seating, from Quitman, Texas. We really enjoyed the Mardi Gras cruise in Feb. 2009 on Voyager, Thank You for letting us know, this will be an awsome cruise.:D

Good Morning Charles!

I e-maild this note to (Catball) Cathye & Willies, from Dorchester, Texas and they said they will book it while on Voyager next week.

We are slowly building a group.

• 2 weeks later...

We have changed cabins, we now have JS 9324.:)

I thought about you guys just the other day and wondered what your 2011 plans were!

We LOVED our sailing with you and the Krewe on the Mariner this year!

I will hit up John and see if he'd like to dust off our masks and order up some more beads. A trip to the Big Easy sounds just fabulous to me, and gets me out of this South Texas cold. (Yes - 45 is cold to me!)

Ann and John from San Antonio

Charles

Doing the same thing, but on the sailing on the 11th. If any one wants the week before...

we have a big house rented and will be staying over until Mardi Gras. Should be a blast! We are "Mardi Gras Mambo"

• 2 weeks later...
Doing the same thing, but on the sailing on the 11th. If any one wants the week before...

we have a big house rented and will be staying over until Mardi Gras. Should be a blast! We are "Mardi Gras Mambo"

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! too ALL!:).

• 6 months later...

I wanted to boost this back up on the boards, since it's been awhile.

John and I are making our 2012 cruise plans and trying to pick a ship/itin.

I remembered this thread and checked out the dates.

The rates for this cruise are VERY affordable... I'm just worried about hotel space in NOLA the night before!

Ann

Archived