Recent Itinerary Changes: Concerns!

Scooby450

I have noticed a lot of discussion about itinerary changes lately. Anyone have beta? I have booked some excursions that may get fouled up. Am I being overly concerned? Some stuff is not offered through Carnival. Some things are but work better if I make my own plans: my DS is going to scuba dive for his first time, I want to take him out on a private to make sure he has a good experience and we don't hinder a group dive.

Nobody seems to know why some of these changes are happening, but most seem to be on the Legend...is that your ship? I would contact the company doing your tour and find out if there is flexibility if the itinerary changes, and find out if you can alert them to the change via email. Since in many cases the pax aren't finding out about the change until they board, you would need to be able to reach them from the ship. I had no issues getting my excursions switched...I emailed them from the ship and got responses back the same day. I didn't buy an internet package...just did pay as you go. Sent the emails in the morning and then went back and checked for responses after dinner.

Grand Cayman is the most cancelled port in the caribbean.

Sailing in Janaury-- if those waters are choppy you are not making it there anyways-

Make sure of the vendors cancellation policy

The ports know about changes very early on...its their paycheck so they are up to speed. When you get within a few weeks just do some confirming so your all on the samepage but trust me they usually know what is taking place.

When we lost Dominica on our Southern that is next week...I read about it in the Dominica news a week before Carnival ever made contact with me.

These ports rely on us so there goverments are involved when changes occur.

Archived