Nevis mineral baths

salboz

The baths are about a 1000 yds from the ferry dock in Nevis. There is no cost but not really much to see. The original Bath Hotel built in the 1600's, is now used by the Nevis police. The water temp is about 104 degrees. I would take a taxi.

The baths are about a 1000 yds from the ferry dock in Nevis. There is no cost but not really much to see. The original Bath Hotel built in the 1600's, is now used by the Nevis police. The water temp is about 104 degrees. I would take a taxi.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the best plan, from docking in St. Kitts, would be just to grab a ferry over to Nevis if that is possible. I am told that these baths contain minerals like the ones in Dominica. Helps arthritis. Went in the ones in Dominica and was fine for the rest of the cruise.

The ferry dock is about a 1000 yds from the pier. From the pier go straight ahead to the Pelican Mall, walk through the mall to the Bay Road, take a left & go about 500 yards down the Bay Road. The ferry dock is on your left. The ride takes about 45 min each way & costs about $6-8 each way depending on which ferry you take.

This Bath House dates back to the 1800s right through to the 1900s where it is believed to have great healing powers. Europeans would travel here to stay in the now decayed hotel by the pool and bathe in the mineral spring. Even today locals and tourists enjoy the warm, healing waters.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the info. Sounds like the best plan, from docking in St. Kitts, would be just to grab a ferry over to Nevis if that is possible. I am told that these baths contain minerals like the ones in Dominica. Helps arthritis. Went in the ones in Dominica and was fine for the rest of the cruise.

I was just on Nevis on December 11th. One of the stops that we made on my tour was to the mineral baths.

There was some recent damage due to weather. However, when we stopped by, they were placing an overhead covering. There were a few people using it while we were there.

Make sure of the ferry times! I wanted to spend more time in Nevis, however due to my all aboard at 4:30 p.m. I had to catch the 1:00 p.m. ferry (there's another ferry service,but they were not running a full schedule that day). I only had a few hours (from 10:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.) and really only saw a little. Hopefully your ship will be in port longer and allow more time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a tour set up that is going to take us on an island tour, then take us to catch a different ferry at 1:00 that only takes 10 minutes. The return ferry is at 4:00, so we will probably go to the beach which we were told is very close. We are in port until 6:00 so should be fine.

Archived