Was the Mini Suite worth it?

zincman

Sailing on the jewel 12/26. I got nice deal on a Mini suite,(the same price as a balcony). From what I understand there arent really that many perks that go with the Minisuite, besides at check in and making reservations for specialty resturaunts, My question to you that have had a mini suite in the pastis, was it worth it? or do you feel it was the same thing as a balcony? Im not sure I would have done the minisuite if I didnt get the deal. It seem like its the same as a balcony just more money..

There are a couple of benefits for the mini-suite over the balcony that swung it for DH and me. The mini-suite has a couple of feet more between the bed and sitting area with a heavy curtain to separate the areas. For my nightowl husband, he could sit up and read or watch TV when I wanted a dark cabin to sleep. Then when I wanted to be up or go out on the balcony in the morning, I could do so without bothering him. The little extra space allowed us to spread out a little more. In addition, the bath in the mini-suite is a shower over tub, which gave us a little more room (and made it a little easier to shave my legs).

There are a couple of benefits for the mini-suite over the balcony that swung it for DH and me. The mini-suite has a couple of feet more between the bed and sitting area with a heavy curtain to separate the areas. For my nightowl husband, he could sit up and read or watch TV when I wanted a dark cabin to sleep. Then when I wanted to be up or go out on the balcony in the morning, I could do so without bothering him. The little extra space allowed us to spread out a little more. In addition, the bath in the mini-suite is a shower over tub, which gave us a little more room (and made it a little easier to shave my legs).

Yup, that sums it up nicely for us too.

Closet doors are easier to access in a balcony. They bump the the bed in the mini. Also we prefer no tub, so no stepping over to get in.

I would only get the mini again if we were sharing the room(but that's not gonna happen).

Even if they were the same price location would dictate which we choose.

I definitely prefer the mini-suite over the regular balcony because of the extra space and the curtain. However, booking it totally depends on the price difference. It's worth a little more to me but not a lot more. Maybe $200 more for the cabin ($100pp) for a week-long cruise.

I have always loved the mini until I made the mistake of getting a full suite. Now I can't go back!

The mini suite on the Sun is MUCH nicer than on other ships. There are fewer of them, the bathroom is larger, it's really nice. On the Sun they had an upgraded room service menu, not sure if they still do.

Also, with the mini we could have breakfast in Aqua on the Star, I liked it better than the Versailles for that. But of course now it's Cagney's all the way.

All in all I would say get the mini over the balcony if the price difference is not too steep.

Our first cruise was a mini on the Jewel.:D Since then we have had a balcony since there are only two of us. If we had perks we didn't know it. I don't think I ate much the first three days as I was so excited exploring the ship and doing excursions by the time I ventured to the buffet it was closed. This was pre-CC! It was a wonderful cruise.

I hope you have a wonderful time in your mini as we did.:)

Yep, us too! I love my mini suite even without the suite perks.

This mini suite is on the back end of the ship. Has anyone experienced this room and can you tell me if its nice or should we book to a room mid ship? I wonder if being on the balcony being in the back of the ship is better wind wise as well. This is my FIRST cruise and am so excited!! Any help or pictures would be great!!

This mini suite is on the back end of the ship. Has anyone experienced this room and can you tell me if its nice or should we book to a room mid ship? I wonder if being on the balcony being in the back of the ship is better wind wise as well. This is my FIRST cruise and am so excited!! Any help or pictures would be great!!

I've not had a rear of the ship balcony, but those that have swear by them. They usually sell quickly. What ship and cruise are you doing?

Some balcony's cost more then some mini suites, go figure.

Most balcony's average 185 sq ft. Mini Suites, average 275 sq. ft.

Almost 100 sq. ft. plus a bigger balcony, no contest.

Balcony suites average 45 sq. ft for the balcony and suites

average 85 sq ft for their balcony.

So I think the mini suites are a better bang for your buck.

However, everyones financial situation is different with what

they can afford.

The main point is to get on a cruise!!!

As far as people saying they don't spend much

in their cabins. Well they are probably in inside

cabins, no reason to spend much time their.

If you have a balcony or any kind of suite trust

me, you will spend a bit more time in them..

Some balcony's cost more then some mini suites, go figure.

Most balcony's average 185 sq ft. Mini Suites, average 275 sq. ft.

Almost 100 sq. ft. plus a bigger balcony, no contest.

Balcony suites average 45 sq. ft for the balcony and suites

average 85 sq ft for their balcony.

So I think the mini suites are a better bang for your buck.

However, everyones financial situation is different with what

they can afford.

The main point is to get on a cruise!!!

As far as people saying they don't spend much

in their cabins. Well they are probably in inside

cabins, no reason to spend much time their.

If you have a balcony or any kind of suite trust

me, you will spend a bit more time in them..

How true that is. Sun aft mini was the best cabin we ever had, roomy and well laid out:cool:

Only had one inside and that was one too many!

a couple of calls to my CC got me the Minisuite for the Same price as a balcony.. actually the price really went up as the sailing date got closer now appearantly the ship is sold out.. We are really getting excited.. Cant wait for the 26th..

Archived