Laundry cost - Classica

mkhannah

Hi All

We are travelling on Costa Classica in January.

For those who have used the laundry service, could you please give me an idea of the cost. I was surprised to read that there is no communal/public laundry area.

For a family of 4 on an 8 day cruise we will try and get by without paying for laundry, but what do people do on longer cruises?

Thanks

Mel

We had laundry done twice on board and it was fairly expensive about 50 Euros a go

However a couple of days before the end of the cruise they had an offer I think 25 Euros for a whole bag

Wow that is expensive!! At those prices we will try and get by without using this service.

Thanks for the info.

Mel

The "magic bag" service before the end of the cruise is €19 for up to 25 pieces of laundry. It's a good deal. Normal service is by piece; shirts at €3, underwear at €1.50, etc. You'd have to have quite a load to reach €50. The prices are the same on all Costa ships, not just the Classica.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit that I was cheap, so I brought enough clothes to last the 14 day I was on Classica earlier this year and had laundry done for about 1/5 the price after I got back to port in HK.

I guess that might be the alternative, find a laundry near port...

Hi All

We are travelling on Costa Classica in January.

For those who have used the laundry service, could you please give me an idea of the cost. I was surprised to read that there is no communal/public laundry area.

For a family of 4 on an 8 day cruise we will try and get by without paying for laundry, but what do people do on longer cruises?

Thanks

Mel

Just back from Deliziosa.

Laundry is expensive I only had a long sleeved t shirt washed and ironed it was 1.80euro mens shirts were 3.50 euros. They did do a 19.99 euro for 25 items but not until over half way through our 18 day cruise and then again at the end.

We have just returned from Pacific yesterday. Had laundry done 3 times, including the 19.99 for up to 25 items (in one bag). Be aware the the bags are paper and tear easily. That being said we thought the costs were reasonable, no different to being in a hotel (depending on the exchange rate of course) If you go cruising and want your clothes washed, thats the price you pay, otherwise pick a cruise line that has laundries. We had already booked and paid before we found this out.

Who wants to think about washing clothes on a cruise?!

Its bad enough having to face the mountain of washing when you get home :o

When I cruise...which is usually over 3 weeks at a time..I use the ships laundry service once or twice, not for really big loads but for 4-6 tops so I can freshen up my clothing choices. I don't actually have to use the laundry since I invariably take a full outfit for each day (and yes, I do keep in the airline limit).

The ship's laundry is also very handy if you need something done for a specific purpose...such as a formal that may have been marked in some way....its easily done, especially if its a long dress that gets stood upon by the person behind you when going down the stairs.

Archived