Verandah cabins on N. Amsterdam/Eurodam

sandiego1

Anyone stay in VF5128 in either Eurodam or N. Amsterdam? I'm currently holding it as it's one of the least expensive verandah cabins. Looks like the lifeboat is directly below so we'll miss out on some view. Not a problem for us. I do like having the deck to sit out on occasionally.

Are all the verandah cabins the same size? Or should I try to get a higher category? I'm more concerned w/ interior space than view.

Inside, all of the V to VH cabins are the same size, but balcony sizes differ. All are 9 ft wide, but the side VA/VB/VC are 6 ft deep, the deck 5 VE and VF are 4.5 ft deep, the deck 4 VF and VD are 7.5 ft deep, and the deck 8 V are 7 ft deep.

The lifeboats will only block your view if you are standing at the railing and looking directly down. When sitting you won't even notice them.

This is a picture taken from the glass elevator when stopped at deck 5:

2627910010099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

This will give an idea of the VE/VF5 balcony size:

2182071020099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks John. That was a quick reply!! I really appreciate my "friends" on CruiseCritic. I always get good advice.

We'll stick w/ our VF cabin and save >$700 vs. the V cabin. We'll use the extra $ and splurge on the Family Retreat Cabana to share w/ my in-laws :-)

Thanks John. That was a quick reply!! I really appreciate my "friends" on CruiseCritic. I always get good advice.

We'll stick w/ our VF cabin and save >$700 vs. the V cabin. We'll use the extra $ and splurge on the Family Retreat Cabana to share w/ my in-laws :-)

I should have said all of the side VA/VB/VC are the same size inside, because the stern VA/VB are longer.

Archived