APRIL-DECEMBER 2006 Schedule.

aaannnthony

Is this the president of Oceania? If so, welcome back, it is nice to see the top of a cruise line paying attention to this board. We all missed you.

Very impressive!! It's the first time I've seen ANY representative of a cruise line participate openly in these boards, and certainly not the president!

Ivan

South Padre Island, Texas

Mr. FDR, thanks for the post/update!

Has Oceania considered releasing a schedule, without pricing, as has been done by both Crystal and Radisson this year?

I read every posting, I just don't comment on each one (although sometimes I really want to, if you know what I mean!!)

The itineraries and pricing really go hand in hand, you don't have much unless you have both.

There will be 53 Europe departures, 18 unique itineraries and if I recall correctly, 11 new ports that we haven't visited before including Iceland, Kotor, St Tropez, Port Vendre and La Coruna.

Chat with you soon.

Oh and PS, effective with the return of Regatta and Insignia to Europe this April, you will see 8 new wine additions to the wine list under $25 and a new House Wine by the glass (red, white, blush and sparkling) for $5.

Oh and PS, effective with the return of Regatta and Insignia to Europe this April, you will see 8 new wine additions to the wine list under $25 and a new House Wine by the glass (red, white, blush and sparkling) for $5.

Wonderful wine news for those who of us whose favorite movie now is "Sideways."

Ivan

Also extremely impressed to see a CEO actually giving a damn about what clients think. This is the difference I hope to see translated into the cruise experience, and I am sure with this level of committment it stands a good chance of being so. You make me confident that I have made the right choice this time Mr Del Rio.

We'll be sailing our first Oceania on April 15, and our second next January 3. Everything I've heard about this cruise line has been positive, and we can hardly wait to experience it first hand.

It's rather interesting how we booked our April 15 Istanbul to Athens cruise on the Insignia. We had originally booked this similar itinerary with Radisson's Diamond in August, but of course the Diamond was sold and will be taken out of service in June. Radisson gave us a nice credit toward another cruise in 2005, so we booked the Mariner for April 22. We attended a cruise fair on February 13, where the Radisson representative profusely apologized - it seems that the Mariner will be out of service for maintenance reasons:rolleyes:!

At this same cruise fair, we shared our tales of woe with Dave Socher, Oceania's regional sales director. Dave informed us of the Insignia's April 15 Istanbul cruise, and he was instrumental in securing us a great suite!

With personal attention like Dave and Mr. Del Rio, Oceania will gain countless loyal cruisers, and we intend on being in that group!

Mike Brill

PS -- great news re the new wine releases - we're amateur oenophiles, and we look forward to sampling these additions.

QUOTE=fjdelrio]I read every posting

Thank you for taking the time to read all our postings. Just in case you didn't do so last Spring, and while it still exists in this very Oceania column on this board, when you are really free and would like to read a "story" for pastime, we invite you to take a look at our postings "Barcelona to Venice April 10-24, Parts I, II, III and IV by meow!" We hope you will enjoy it, as quite a few people seemed to at the time. If it is convenient, it will be nice to hear your comments. Thanks again, meow!

Frank,

Great news about the wine list!

We cruised with you and your terrific wife on the inaugural and remember some nice talks we had in Cadiz.

We were on the Feb 2nd Insignia sailing from Buenos Aires to Rio and was sorry that the wine list didn't include some nice regional Malbec's from Argentina. However, we were happy to see the same Australian shiraz that we enjoyed on the inaugural......not thrilled that it was now $6.00 more a bottle. Maybe that'll be one of the ones that comes down??? :)

Great to see that you still read these boards! (so what happened to the chocolate lasagne in Toscana?) :(

Jane

"I read every posting, I just don't comment on each one (although sometimes I really want to, if you know what I mean!!)"

I think it is great you read our posts. I wish you would allow emails directly to you from this web site or the Oceania's site. I also wish you would work on improving the lack of communications from the Oceania's shore staff especially your so called 'customer relations' staff. I have been trying to get a problem solved since I returned from the 12/17 sailing of the Insignia. I get no response from your staff week after week - not even the courtesy of a return phone call. Great sertvice on the ship, and terrible service from your office staff!

Archived