Radience or Monarch?

referee

We're looking to get away for a short cruise this January, been to Bahamas and Cozumel many times so that doesn't matter. We're about equal distance between Port Canaveral and Tampa. So, my question is. Honestly, which ship would you choose? Have never been on either. Most concern is the age of the Monarch...Thanks for your opinions

We're looking to get away for a short cruise this January, been to Bahamas and Cozumel many times so that doesn't matter. We're about equal distance between Port Canaveral and Tampa. So, my question is. Honestly, which ship would you choose? Have never been on either. Most concern is the age of the Monarch...Thanks for your opinions

Without a doubt, I would choose Radiance. Actually, I was faced with this decision a month back, and did choose Radiance. ;)

Too many advantages to list, but Radiance is just better in every way.

I've been on both too. Given the choice, it would be Radiance. Both cruises were great and both ships had wonderful crews. Radiance just has that extra "wow"- and her cabins are bigger. Isn't it great to have to make a choice like that?:D

Assuming the Monarch is very similar to the Majesty my vote is for the Radiance. It's a big step up. The inside cabins seem huge in comparison. You get the option of dining at the specialty restaurant and you'll love the seaview deli. We also love to cruise out of Tampa. The port area is very nice and the experience has always been excellent there for us.

The Radiance will not be doing sailings out of Tampa for that long, where the Monarch will probably be going to Nassau for the foreseeable future. However, for me the best reason is you have two genuine sea days on the RD where the ship is actually moving through the water as opposed to the MN heading back to PC at about 4 knots. While the Monarch is nice, the Radiance is better!

Archived