East side or West side snorkeling question?

cruisingforsix

Hi we will be in Grenada in jan. and were thinking about doing some sort of snorkeling trip. i have read that the snorkeling there is not the best though . there is an operator that offers trips to either side and i am wondering if there is any difference other than the sculpture park . Is this a place we should just do an island tour and forget about snorkeling.

Hi we will be in Grenada in jan. and were thinking about doing some sort of snorkeling trip. i have read that the snorkeling there is not the best though . there is an operator that offers trips to either side and i am wondering if there is any difference other than the sculpture park . Is this a place we should just do an island tour and forget about snorkeling.

East coast snorkeling? Who's offering that? Let me investigate as I don't knwo much about this...

Our East coast is of course the atlantic and can be rough at the best of times. West Coast, Grenad has finally recognised the need to preserve the marine eco-system and has recently implemented Marine Protected Areas int eh hope that what is there cna be protected and that it can revive.

Remember Hurricane Lennie's swells battered the heck out of the west coast and the Ivan did the same. The statue park was placed as a means to create an artificial reef and the coral on the upright pieces is thriving and growing.

If you want to compare Grenada's reefs to Bonaire or some of the other islands that have wonderful coral and fish stocks you will be disappointed. Part of the reason I always recommend mixing it up with a sail or an eco-tour or a kayak as opposed to just a snorkel.

I hope you have a fab time in whatever you choose to do:cool:

Archived