How crowded will Megan's Bay be with 3 ships in port?

kelzer

We will be visiting St Thomas on our upcoming cruise on the Ruby Princess. We have been to Sapphire Beach which was lovely but we were really turned off by the condition of the rest rooms etc. This time we thought we would try Magen's Bay. Will it be over-crowded with 3 ships in port?

Thanks.

Yes, it will be crowded with 3 ships but I dare say, any beach will be that day. I suggest you go early in the morning and leave when you've had enough. It seems to get more crowded as the day goes on, so starting there is what we have always done. It's great - and the facilities are quite clean (salt water showers though, just a heads up).

Magen's Bay will be crowded, my suggestion is to walk a little bit down the beach either to the left or right from the entrance and the crowd should thin out. You'll be alittle further away from the food/bar area, but they usually have a waitress or two walking the beach to take drink orders.

Scott

When we were there last week there were 6 cruise ships in port. We got to Magens Bay around 12:20, spent 2 hours there...the beach is so large that it seemed like there was plenty of room. If you walk to either side of the main building you will find chairs and plenty of room to spread out. We walked from one end of the beach to the other....it's a magnificent, clean beach with plenty of space to relax. Enjoy it, I wish I could be back there right now!!

Archived