Barcelona review

omc329

what tour company did you use ? I love your review. You went to most of the ports we are going to in May. Dot

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. We went with rome in limo. They gave a discount for multiple bookings and were highly recommended here to boot. We were quite satisfied with the decision. :)

• 3 weeks later...
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1312277

That is the link to my rather in depth review of our Norwegian Jade cruise, Oct 31st. You can skim through that which is of no interest to the more pertinent info if you wish. Barcelona is at both the beginning and end. Just thought I'd share. :)

Thank you for your writing and describing, especially the Barcelona segments. We will be there in a few weeks (our second visit) and have some good ideas from you.

Lynne

Thank you for your writing and describing, especially the Barcelona segments. We will be there in a few weeks (our second visit) and have some good ideas from you.

Lynne

I'm glad it helped. I envy you your second visit. We would still love to go back there one day and hit up some of the things we missed the first time around. We'll have to see what life brings us in the coming years.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi omc329,

Thanks for posting your review, great info about Barcelona. So glad I didn't book this hotel from your description DH would not be a happy camper here.

IF you are still around can you tell me about the weather that time of year, we are going about the same time frame in 2011 and I am confused as to what to wear, did you wear pants or would you have been comfortable in capris? Did you need a coat?

Thanks again for posting!:D

Hi omc329,

Thanks for posting your review, great info about Barcelona. So glad I didn't book this hotel from your description DH would not be a happy camper here.

IF you are still around can you tell me about the weather that time of year, we are going about the same time frame in 2011 and I am confused as to what to wear, did you wear pants or would you have been comfortable in capris? Did you need a coat?

Thanks again for posting!:D

The Continental is definitely not for everyone. It is a good budget minded hotel, but not what most Americans are accustomed to. Like I said, I'd stay there again, but many others would not. The location is great, and the food and drink a huge bonus, and it offered a place for our group to sit and unwind together with refreshments whenever needed or desired. It IS old and a bit beat around the edges, and it does have a fruit fly problem. The food bar looked nothing like the impressions given on their net site, but it was handy none-the-less. Mattresses are hard. For those who like soft mattresses, this is not a good place. My only big issue was the fruit fly problem.

Weather for us was quite comfortable, mid 60's as an overall average. We wore slacks, and I had a very lightweight cloth jacket I used as needed. Sis used a sweater, and I think she wore her trenchcoat one day in Barcelona. We did have some rain here and there, both in Barcelona and the rest of the trip, but most of it was fine, with the exception of the downpours in Monaco. Sis, gn and I all used trenchcoats, (zipout liners left at home), in parts of Italy, mostly for the rain, though Monaco was a bit on the chilly side. I had a bit of an issue with my pants dragging at the heel in a couple of places. There were lots of puddles and it doesn't take much for water to work its' way up the back of the heel.

Hope that helps.

Omc, thank you for your review, our LOS TA is set for this coming Oct and many of our Roll Call have switched from the Continental and moved to the Universal. It is not right on the Las Ramblas area, but a newer Hotel and more to what we are used to here in the States, plus our 3 night stay ended up being $100 USA dollars less.

http://www.hotelbarcelonauniversal.com/

Archived