RCL Towel Policy All Wet

musicfam

Simple solution, stay in a full suite and they don't check towels in and out, they just hand them to you when they see your gold card. Actually, if we're not staying in a full suite, I take my own. I have ones I've had for almost 30 years that aren't really thick and they just roll up and fit right in my suitcase. You can buy cheap ones (~$5) during summer/beach season at almost any big box store.

And for everyone saying just to go take the ones from the locker rooms, how much longer do you think that will last when more people figure it out and RCI realizes it?

I did not realize that this was a suite perk. Thanks!

They only say Royal Caribbean the past few or couple of years. Before that they were an ugly bamboo-ish color (tan) and textured. :cool:
And we didn't have to sign them out.

No, no we didn't! So far we have only been on one RC cruise since the new towel thing and we didnt use Royals towels. It was easier to bring our own.

Plus, whoever mentioned the towel animals were made with used damp towels, that is absurd.

And to those [who continue to] suggest if they had plain towels on deck that didnt say RC it would be different...that is what they had before the RC towels, lol....so that wasnt the issue.

jmraggs... that story about the diamond member is horrorfying! probably the same person who complains about prices go up or the price of drinks being too high or anything he can complain about. :eek:

I've never seen a towel animal made with a towel that didn't appear to be clean and dry. I think that's a ridiculous assumption.

Of course that assumes the steward's hands were clean when he/she made the towel animal and hadn't just cleaned the toilet and not washed their hands prior to making the towel animal. :eek: :D

I think I noticed a couple of things here, first off, the people doing the most complaining are those who have the fewest postings and seem to have gone on the fewest cruises. Next, I thought it was a great idea and didn't think it was a big deal. It did cut down on the chair hogging a great deal. I never had a problem getting a chair where I wanted. This is a great vacation. Royal Caribbean is not, by far a bottom of the line cruise company. I will continue to cruise with them.

Of course that assumes the steward's hands were clean when he/she made the towel animal and hadn't just cleaned the toilet and not washed their hands prior to making the towel animal. :eek: :D

I wonder if anyone has ever noticed a damp pillow case.:eek:;):D

If that's the case, then everyone on the ship has bigger problems to worry about than the darn towel animals!:eek:

I've never seen a towel animal made with a towel that didn't appear to be clean and dry. I think that's a ridiculous assumption.

Thanks but it was no "assumption." I picked the towel animals up to move them off my bed so that I could get into bed and the towels were damp. I did not say they appeared dirty -- that was your assumption. After the 4th night of a 9 night cruise I asked the cabin attendant to stop leaving towel animals. I used the excuse that we've been on so many cruises we've seen them all and it could save them for the kids. Truth was I was grossed out wondering why they were damp and didn't want damp towels on my bed.

I'm sure if you take them apart to use at the pool you are getting clean dry towels or you would notice.

We just returned from the Freedom four day cruise to Labadee. It was a fun time.

We took our entire family which included several young children from 4-12. There were ten of us. They have a (new?) towel policy that states if you do not return the same number of towels that you receive, they will charge you $25 each. We all had Seapass cards and several checked out towels. I got up once to briefly go to the restroom and someone took my towel. I went to the towel station and told them what happened and the guy said, "it's your responsibility. You will be charged $25."

Anyway, at the end of the cruise, we turned in our seven towels and they said we were clear. Yet, we still had one towel on our bill!

We spent our whole cruise worrying about those stupid towels! They went over and over that rule the whole trip. We are loyal, Diamond, and it is insulting to think that they are worried that we would steal their towels.

Be warned, they WILL charge you. Hope those towels are worth the ill feelings from loyal customers.

I absolutely agree with you! The policy was the same when we were on Liberty in April. Lots of long lines at the towel stands because people didn't have the right key card for the towel they were returning. the towel policy gets a thumbs down! Who would want those raggedy, faded towels anyway??

Re the damp towel animals:

I went to the towel animal making seminar, and they have a spray bottle of CLEAN water that they use to purposefully spray down the towels so that they hold in the animal shape. Otherwise, they just flop apart.

Afterward, my son wanted to go back to the room and practice his towel animal making skills while the rest of us went to the afternoon magic show, and we came back to ALL of our towels SOPPING wet! He took the advice to wet the towels a bit too literally! :eek:

I went to the towel animal making seminar, and they have a spray bottle of CLEAN water that they use to purposefully spray down the towels so that they hold in the animal shape. Otherwise, they just flop apart.

Afterward, my son wanted to go back to the room and practice his towel animal making skills while the rest of us went to the afternoon magic show, and we came back to ALL of our towels SOPPING wet! He took the advice to wet the towels a bit too literally! :eek:

Interestng and enlightening info! thanks...

LOL You just revealed your true colors..."ghetto chicken stuff"

LMAO - oh no, dinged on an internet forum.................how is one to survive

As with yours it's opinion............and worth exactly what you paid for it.

I think I noticed a couple of things here, first off, the people doing the most complaining are those who have the fewest postings.............

Unlike secondary education there are no credits given for posts nor are "degrees" conferred for accumulating a specific amount.

Interestng and enlightening info! thanks...

Ditto - I did not know that..............guess I would if I ever went to the classes :D

We just returned from the Freedom four day cruise to Labadee. It was a fun time.

We took our entire family which included several young children from 4-12. There were ten of us. They have a (new?) towel policy that states if you do not return the same number of towels that you receive, they will charge you $25 each. We all had Seapass cards and several checked out towels. I got up once to briefly go to the restroom and someone took my towel. I went to the towel station and told them what happened and the guy said, "it's your responsibility. You will be charged $25."

Anyway, at the end of the cruise, we turned in our seven towels and they said we were clear. Yet, we still had one towel on our bill!

We spent our whole cruise worrying about those stupid towels! They went over and over that rule the whole trip. We are loyal, Diamond, and it is insulting to think that they are worried that we would steal their towels.

Be warned, they WILL charge you. Hope those towels are worth the ill feelings from loyal customers.

it's the public's fault, isn't it? Too many people stealing towels as souvenirs?

just got off my 10th RCI cruise. I had no issues with their towel policy. Anything to keep the cost of a cruise reasonable is ok by me.

I happened to be the first one out on deck that morning. Five of our ten were small children AND it is not up to my family to WATCH my towel for me for crying out loud!!! You folks who carry the water (no pun intended) for these companies no matter what they do just kill me!
Who's is it????

I've never seen a towel animal made with a towel that didn't appear to be clean and dry. I think that's a ridiculous assumption.[/quote/Not only is it a ridiculous assumption, it's flat out and patently wrong!!! Sorry, maybe he was drinking that night, lol

No, no we didn't! So far we have only been on one RC cruise since the new towel thing and we didnt use Royals towels. It was easier to bring our own.

Plus, whoever mentioned the towel animals were made with used damp towels, that is absurd.

And to those [who continue to] suggest if they had plain towels on deck that didnt say RC it would be different...that is what they had before the RC towels, lol....so that wasnt the issue.

jmraggs... that story about the diamond member is horrorfying! probably the same person who complains about prices go up or the price of drinks being too high or anything he can complain about. :eek:

Well put, right on the money, thank you

I absolutely agree with you! The policy was the same when we were on Liberty in April. Lots of long lines at the towel stands because people didn't have the right key card for the towel they were returning. the towel policy gets a thumbs down! Who would want those raggedy, faded towels anyway??
First of all have NEVER witnessed a LONG towel line, and secondly use the right seapass card, DUH! Also depending on when you cruise those"ratty old towels" are sometimes a brand NEW supply of towels.

That may be the perception, the Celebrity is more upscale/expensive but the reality is that both lines cost about the same (not like say Azarama).

Someone running the Celebrity line has figured out that if you use non-logo mediocre towels on deck nobody (or few) steal them - eliminates the PITA of passengers stealing them from each other & dealing with charges.

Royal wants to be a bottom end line fine - then compete directly with others on this end, have the absolute cheapest prices you can find. Be the WalMart of cruise lines.

As I said before - holidays are coming, we'll visit family........"so I hear you're going on another cruise? Yep, we're going on Ghetto Cruise lines" What's that cost in terms of towels?

LOL God forbid you have to hand your towels in! What was the last RCCL Ship you were on???? "Ghetto cruise lines"...Moronic to say the least

Well put, right on the money, thank you

Thanks! :)

Originally Posted by Bailey151 viewpost.gif

That may be the perception, the Celebrity is more upscale/expensive but the reality is that both lines cost about the same (not like say Azarama).

Someone running the Celebrity line has figured out that if you use non-logo mediocre towels on deck nobody (or few) steal them - eliminates the PITA of passengers stealing them from each other & dealing with charges.

Royal wants to be a bottom end line fine - then compete directly with others on this end, have the absolute cheapest prices you can find. Be the WalMart of cruise lines.

As I said before - holidays are coming, we'll visit family........"so I hear you're going on another cruise? Yep, we're going on Ghetto Cruise lines" What's that cost in terms of towels?

LOL God forbid you have to hand your towels in! What was the last RCCL Ship you were on???? "Ghetto cruise lines"...Moronic to say the least

It seems to me that bailey must cruise on the cheap or something to feel it so necessary to bash in this way. Its appalling, I have to admit. I cant beleive the words this poster used, I dont get it. Does anyone else? Not to flare anyone but i'd love a clarification of what that post even meant!!!!!! Its not a commonly used phrase and apparently their own rendition of some hatred, ghetto chicken cruise or ghetto cruise line, I mean REALLY????? Sometimes folks need to USE THEIR SOCIAL FILTERS AND NOT POST certain thoughts. My DH and I pay a lot for our cruises and I resent posts like that. 2 balcony cabins and thousands pre cruise and thousands for our on board bills,,really...sometimes folks like that poster need to sensor themselves so mild mannered folks (like me) dont go off on a RANT and think less and less of people. :D:D

Thank you! Our cabin steward must have taken lessons from your son.:D

I don't see what's easier about packing and transporting your own towels . . . and then having no way to wash them onboard. How many towels would you bring for a whole week?

We've not had a bit of trouble with the policy: We get our towels on the first day, and then we just trade them in as often as needed. We always trade them after we're at the pool, so we always have clean towels in our room, and we've never had a bit of trouble doing this. We were never asked to show cards -- we'd just say, "Trading three towels, please", and we'd get three clearn towels. On the last day, we made SURE they're credited to our account.

I can say honestly that we spent less than 15 minutes' effort on towels during our one-week cruise. And five minutes were dedicated to making sure our teenagers understood the system -- they did.

it's the public's fault, isn't it? Too many people stealing towels as souvenirs?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the cruise line didn't invent this system for their own enjoyment. They did it because people were stealing. It's a shame, but I'd rather they do this than raise the cruise prices for everyone.

Boterry and Bailey, if you are so unhappy about sailing in RCI, then don't continue to sail on them and complain. There and many other cruiselines would be happy to take your money. I have not had a single problem with them and think they run a first class operation. They have the best ships around and the service is wonderful. These companies do things for reasons we may not understand. But is the way the world operates these days.

We bought a couple of large quick-dry travel towels that we take on shore excursions where water is involved.....not becuase we worry about lost ship's towels, but because we don't want to schlep heavy, wet towels around in our snorkel bags. We always know which towels are ours and nobody wants to steal them because they are not the least bit appealing to look at, nor are they a "cruise souvenir".

As far as the pool goes, if I go to the pool I should stay wrapped in a towel, for the benefit of those around me....no worry about losing it! :D:D

No way am I shlepping towels on my cruise and I live in driving distance to the embarkation port. I slather on lots of suncreen and I wouldn't want to use that towel again before washing and the 2nd thing I won't do on a cruise is wash towels :eek: I have bigger things to obsess over like.. which suitcase will hold all of my stuff and how many pairs of shoes will I pack?:) ;)

I hate the towel policy but I LOVE your attitude!

Archived