Jewelry shops- complimentary cocktails?

red4u2

Hi there, we just came back from a cruise and bought a lovely pice of jewelry in St. Thomas- and we noticed that many of the jewelry shops had either bars/complimentary cocktails or they called a nearby Bar to bring you a cocktail if you would like- can anyone tell me if they do this in philipsburg or marigot?

thanks in advance!!

I've never seen it in Marigot, but many shops in Philipsburg offer complimentary beer/sodas/water to serious shoppers. I know that all three of our favorites do; Shiva's, Ballerina and Ocean. (See related post here.)

I believe that Ballerina also has wine to offer, but if you want to go for the gusto, get yourself into the VIP lounge at Diamonds International on Wathey Square, downtown Philipsburg. Shopping for a $ five-figures piece ought to do it, possibly less if they're convinced that you're a serious buyer.

Private jewelry display and an open bar with mixed drinks and a champagne cocktail menu.

Don't tell them that I sent you unless you're really looking to buy, but in that event I'd suggest visiting one of my three favorites, as mentioned above.

gary

Archived