Questions about Navigator to Falmouth in January

onkell

I am looking for a cruise to celebrate my 40 birthday on January 27th with my husband and 2 children ages 6 and 7. We've been on Disney, Carnival and Celebrity but never RCCL. I always have heard great things so I'm anxious to try one.

Our best choice seems to be the 5 night cruise on Navigator. My only hesitation is all the uncertainty with Falmouth. What are the chances we will in fact stop there? I just read Navigator is supposed to be the FIRST ship. Sounds like hassles and confusion to me!! If we do stop there, I've read it's at least an hour to Dunn River Falls or any other excursion. Is this true? Since we are only stopping there and Labadee, I would definitely want to do an excursion and not stay on the ship. But I don't like the long travel time with the 2 kids.

If we don't go to Falmouth, we'll go to another Jamaica port? When do you think they'll let us know? a few weeks before?

My other choice would be Radiance but I'm too thrilled about two stops in Mexico with no Labadee. I LOVE the beach and would really like to relax at Labadee. Do most people love it there? I have to read more about it.

Thanks for any input! I'm really struggling with my decision but can't wait to relax on a ship while I turn 40- can't think of any better way!!

We are booked on the Navigator of the Seas for Feb 7th. I am celebrating my 40th on Jan 29th :) and we are bringing our kids 7 & 9. We really like RCCL and have heard great things about the Navigator.

Other RCCL cruises that were suppose to go to Falmouth but did get moved were moved to Montego Bay or Ochos Rios. We want to take the kids to Dunn River Falls too.

Good luck in your decision.

The first scheduled stop loos like it's going to be the January 3rd cruise. We'reon the 5 night leaving on the 10th and we hope it gets switched to Montego Bay or Ocho Rios. The port does not look at all ready, RCL will probably wait until last minute to make an announcement but personally I don't think they'll go there. Only time will tell.

i am also on the jan 3rd navigator. if it does stop in falmouth we have decided not to get off the ship. looks like each excursion is at least a 40 min bus ride. crossing our fingers we go to ocho rios as originally planned when we booked.

We are booked on the Navigator of the Seas for Feb 7th. I am celebrating my 40th on Jan 29th :) and we are bringing our kids 7 & 9. We really like RCCL and have heard great things about the Navigator.

Maybe we would switch to your cruise and all celebrate together ;) But I REALLY wanted to be on the ship on my actual birthday. Maybe a little silly, but seems like a great place to turn 40!

We're on the 1/3 sailing as well and it sounds like the ship might be busier than usual that day. I doubt if we will get off since we have been to Jamaica many times and a long bus ride is not something I want to do.

CruiseTT has changed their port of call schedule. It now shows the Navigator being at Ocho Rios instead of Falmouth for the January 3rd cruise. Royal Caribbean still shows Falmouth but I'm guessing they just haven't updated their site. I'm hoping that they'll do the same with the January 10th cruise.

Archived