Been Waitlisted?

TurtleLove

We have just been waitlisted for the sold out holiday cruise this month. I was told by a Holland America representative that we were in the top five on the list. Final payment for most of the curent cruisers on the ship has already occured and I am not sure if many cruisers will drop out after that date.

Has anyone had any luck with getting on the cruise after being waitlisted? If so, how close to the cruise did you find out?

Thanks!

We are wait listed for the New Years eve cruise. The reason we are waitlisted is because we waited too long! The cruise was sold out... so we decided we were willing to be waitlisted for the chance to go. So dont worry, if you have a ticket you will go! =)

My mom and I were put on a waitlist in August, 2010, for a Mediterranean cruise for October/10, on the Niew Amsterdam. We were offered a cabin about 1-2 weeks or so after we were waitlisted, about 6 weeks before the cruise. Unfortunately, we gave up that cabin due to illness, but remained on the waitlist, and no other cabin ever came available.

• 3 months later...

If anyone is reading this post, because they too are waitlisted! I just thought I would follow up... We never did make it on the cruise. After calling the day before the cruise left, we were told were told we were number two on the wait list and should drive down to the port and wait to see if they called (Ummm.. no!). They never did call and thank goodness we didn't pack all our belongings to sit on the dock to watch the ship go by!

Archived