EPIC nov 27th review with a 3 year old

victoriasmommy

Nov 27th Epic – Western

Embarkation – fast

Room – frosted glass not an issue.

It was a little rough… just a nice roll.. 1st sea day and last especially I’d say. Our room was towards the back and did have vibration upon docking.

We did have to turn back and drop a sick person off at cozumel on the way to costa maya but we were still on time.

The ship did not feel crowded unless you were exiting the theatre and the line for cirque had started.

MDR’s – nice.The pizza's here for DD were a better quality we though that on the buffet.

Manhatten was ashuddering one night from the thrusters… but the band mostly covered the noise.

We found the service everywhere to be excellent. Everyone called 3 year old DD “princess” and had a smile for her.

Moderno’s – very good. The had 'real' pasta for DD. def not Kraft.

O’sheehan’s – hung out lots here too. breakfast. lunch and dinner. As I read on CC the apple crumble was the best. Had it like 5 times.

We used the buffet for a few times. lots of choices. not too busy.

Appreciated the ice cream!

Entertainment

Booked BMG online for Saturday night (CC tip) but arrived 20 mins early and got 5th row! DD fell asleep and slept through the whole thing…. Dunno how she did it. Great Show. BF had seen it before but I hadn’t

Howl at the Moon. The daily said no kiddies after 11. We took my 3 year old at 8 for 30 mins and we enjoyed it.

Second City. BF and I saw the 7 oclock show 3 nights. It was pretty funny.

Cirque… BF LOVED the food, he said it was the best on the ship. DD sat spellbound for the entire 2 hours. the tall electric violin player was my fav. And the pirate. And the hula girl. Well. All of it. I’ve seen cirque at Disney but being so close made it extra exciting.

Asked the last night if BMG was booked up and if we could stand-by… (bc I’d read on CC that once you had one reservation you couldn’t make more, also the tv in cabin said so too) BUT the nice lady booked us anyway.

Meet the blue men was interesting also

Family/Kids Stuff

Family Lego building and art and crafts. Dora’s dance party. Diego’s story time. All about 25 kids tops to these events! We really enjoyed ourselves.

The meet and greets were a bit fuller.

Kids Club is a fab place with great staff.

Bowling – nice guy gave us a free game!

Slides… I read on CC that sea days were crowded so BF and I didn’t put on our suits the first sea day but there weren’t any lines.. and DD was the only one at the kiddie park til noon! I think the second sea day in the afternoon we did see some lines for the plunge.

Ports.

Costa Maya - We did chaccoben mayan ruins with DD in her fold up stroller. Wasn’t too hot in the am, interesting guide.

Cozumel – We took a ferry to Xcaret. Was very rough. DD and myself got sick. BF laughed as he read his book. Xcaret is truly amazing, its ecopark. I will never go to the zoo in FL again…. So different because there aren’t huge fences in the way, they just expect you to restrain your kiddoes from jumping into the exhibits.

Roatan – Did a little stroll off bought a shirt and some flops but that was it. Was too tired after the mayan ruins the day before.

thats all I can think of now.

BF was very impressed with the facial recognition for pictures.

I enjoyed reading your review. We are going to be on the Epic 1/1/11. One of my grandchildren is the same age as your daughter. The other grandchildren are older. We are all looking forward to our cruise especially since this cold spell hit us along with some light snow.

Thanks for the cruise report!

I have a few questions :)

The ice cream...where did you get it and was it free?

Were the shows always filled or is there a chance to walk right in?

Im also glad you posted about the childrens activites. We have only done the Disney cruise so there were lots of children. What age group would you guess the Epic attracts the most? Children, teens, young adults, adults etc?

Thanks

PACRUISINNANA - we will also be on the 1/1/11 :D

There were 8 reg cylinder containers that they would scoop for you in Garden Cafe, it was free.

Early am and late pm they would be covered up.

There was a soft serve yourself machine in the garden cafe and 1 right outside that we got ice cream from at 8am and as late as 9pm.

We saw alotta adults b/c it was school season I guess. Maybe the tweens were all in their club.

BF and I were saying if DD was 5-10 it woulda been alot better. for instance she couldnt go down the big slides, so she went to kids club while we did those...

When they are a little bigger you can read your kindle by the pool while the kiddoes splash.

Being 3 DD needed alot more supervision but it was still a fun vacation.

The only show that was full that we knew of was Cirque Dreams.... We booked mid-week and on W and F it was fully booked so we had to take Th... I think its cause Th was a port day so maybe ppl plan to rest more in the evenings?

Archived