Zuidedam Panama Canal Dec 23

Ferdinand69

A few questions; our last cruise was over 20 years ago-could use some pointers from the more experienced

Just got cabin assignment/upgraded from VF to VA on Navigation deck #8005. Is this a good location? Looks to be near bow; could this be a concern if choppy seas?

Anyone cruised on Zuiderdam with cabin in this area?

Where is best place to be when going into canal?

Thanks for any information for a novice cruiser.

We were in 8009 on the Zuiderdam in the Caribbean and never had a problem with motion. When we were in 8010 on the Westerdam in the Baltic I had to leave our cabin and go down and mid-ships for a couple of hours. (DW didn't.) Your forward view will be slightly restricted by the bridge wing. It's a very quiet area, though. Lousy internet connection because there's no hallway antennas in the area. (I think possibly because it's so close to the bridge.)

Going through the locks the bow can get pretty crowded, and unless you're there early enough to get right at the very front you don't get the view and opportunities for pictures that you can from the forward decks on the Verandah, Upper Verandah, or Rotterdam decks. The higher the better, IMO. The bad part is that the Panama buns aren't served up there. :(

When you're leaving the locks, walk to the stern and get that view.

• 2 weeks later...
we also booked vf and got va 8005on jan . 2 so keep the room neat for us. this looks like a great deal to me...can't wait.

ake sure you post how the room was:):)

I assume you are sailing on the Z. Just want to invite you to join our roll call for the Jan 2 canal sailing. We are having a great time builing each other excitement.

We just came back from this cruise. Since all of the tours were cancelled due to weather conditions we went through it twice. The first time we were in the Bow of the ship on deck 4 (yes they open it up so you can get right up front.) On the way back we went to the stern of the ship. I have to say it was two different perspectives. If you are doing tours and only going through once I would do 2 in the front and 2 in the rear.

Archived