Adventure of the Seas TA - November 7 th, 2011

LtDang

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

It looks like we will be on this sailing as well.

We love RCI, but we are also tempted on a similar TA from Celebrity around the same time of the year.

We will keep u posted as soon as the booking is done. :)

John and Alex

Hello guys,

We love RCI, but we are also tempted on a similar TA from Celebrity around the same time of the year.

John and Alex

Celebrity Solstice??? Was on it last march.. nice, upscale lodging and food...but borrrinnnnggggg!!!

You young guys would much prefer the Adventure! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sailors,

May go on the May 1, 2011 crossing of this cruise and go in Nov 7, 2011 as well.

Airfare is much cheaper as a RT then a one way.

My parents live in San J, PR will spend a few days with them before I go in the spring sailing and will stay when the cruise finishes in the fall.

Still not certain if I'll go solo or with a friend. My father's family is from the Canary Islands and been to Spain 4 times before, 2x on a cruise from Barcelona and have sopped in Malaga before and in St Maarten, best Island to do duty free shopping in the Caribbean!

Hi Sailors,

May go on the May 1, 2011 crossing of this cruise and go in Nov 7, 2011 as well.

Not 100% certain yet. Transatlantic cruises are more relaxing trips with the sea days but the return cruise going West is usually better then going across eastly. You also get an extra hour a day to sleep as you cross, easier on the body time wise with jet lag.

Did a transatlantic back to NYC a few years ago and really enjoyed it because we were able to arrive in Europe with a few extra days to tour and explore Europe. We even did a back to back cruise on the same ship before it went transatlantic. We were able to see & do a lot more, it gave us the oppertunity to buy lots of Wine, Olive Oils and other gifts for the Holidays and not having to worry about how we were going to get it back on a plane!

We had a 10 minute cab ride from the pier to our apt in NYC. Altought we had 6 bags it went smoothly, much easier and a lot cheaper then shipping it or taking it back on a plane, getting to and from and to the airport to our aprt!

That is my only reservation about taking this cruise in the fall, and may take another that returns to NYC instead or Florida vs to San Juan, but on the good side it will mean that I can stay in PR and visit the family. It will be a nicer sailing going south then just going across the atlantic which could mean a cooler and rougher sailing

Airfare is much cheaper as a RT then a one way.

My parents live in San J, PR will spend a few days with them before I go in the spring sailing and will stay when the cruise finishes in the fall.

Still not certain if I'll go solo or with a friend. My father's family is from the Canary Islands and never been there but have been to Spain 4 times before, 2x on a cruise from Barcelona. Have sopped in Malaga before (and in St Maarten, best Island to do duty free shopping in the Caribbean)!

Will fill you in as TIME PROGRESS AND I DECIDE.

MICHAEL IN NYC

It is rumoured that RCCL changed the itinerary:

St. Thomas instead of St. Maarten :(

Who knows more ?

We are hoping its a screw up somewhere down the line. But we probably will still sail on that cruise if its true. That ship is going to Gran Canaria. The nude and gay beach at the sand dunes of Maspalomas and Playa de Ingles looks like a fun excursion day

Have you been there before Freedwart?

Also for North Americans, the Liberty of the Seas TA is almost double the cost compared to Adventure. I notice the Liberta does not go to Gran Canaria.

We are hoping its a screw up somewhere down the line. But we probably will still sail on that cruise if its true. That ship is going to Gran Canaria. The nude and gay beach at the sand dunes of Maspalomas and Playa de Ingles looks like a fun excursion day

Have you been there before Freedwart?

Also for North Americans, the Liberty of the Seas TA is almost double the cost compared to Adventure. I notice the Liberta does not go to Gran Canaria.

Hi Dan,

that`s right. The sand dunes of Maspalomas are great, you will have a lot of fun. Normally there are a lot of gays to play in the sand and bushes. I stayed there two times before.

But what are your plans for an extension after the cruise or will you go home directly ?

Normally there are a lot of gays to play in the sand and bushes. I stayed there two times before.

But what are your plans for an extension after the cruise or will you go home directly ?

To clear up any confusion, walking through the sand dunes towards the beach will be fun and cool for my husband and I because for 5 months of the year, we live amongst snow dunes! :-)

As far as San Juan, being in North America, we would prefer spending more time in Malaga , in Puerto Rico, we will leave the same day if we can find a flight.

Hello guys,

John and Alex

Enjoy Celebrity Solstice! you can watch molten glass dry. similar to watching paint dry. Yawns. :D

Hi,

the itinerary change is offical.

we will go to St. Thomas instead of St. Maarten. RCCL changed it on the website.:(

Yes that is a bummer!! But at least we will be in St. Maarten on February 20th 8am to 10 pm , on a cruise....yippeee...

Hi Sailors :),

About 85% certain I'll be going on the Spring Transatlantic on Adventure of the Sea's departing San Juan, Puerto Rico on May 1, 2011.

But 50% uncertain if I can make the fall sailing with you. Have to be in Singapore for a meeting in the middle of the cruise is stopping me from committing, both to the meeting and the cruise.

Really want to do the crossing in the fall, the trip is easier and more enjoyable. Bummer about the change for the fall crossing, from St. Maartin to St. Thomas, Philipsburg is my favorite port in the Caribbean!

The one way fare from either Barcelona or Madrid to NYC is $499 and a RT can be gotten for $600, so I can save by making the reservation as a RT.

Much cheaper to take the train or bus or Ryan Air (Very Discounted airfare compaired to Iberia or Spainair) from either BCN or MAD, one way otherwise airfares to Malaga from the USA are a lot higher and complicate the trip with connections.

If you can take the time go to MAD for a few days stop a day in Toledo and then go to Seville for 2 or more days before reaching Malaga and from Malaga go to Granda to see the Alhambra. You can go to Granda by bus inexpensively on a day trip if you start early, it's only 2 hrs away from Malaga. Trains directly from Madrid to Seville are fast, but double the cost of the bus.

An other options to think about if you have extra time is to go to Morocco by Ferry for a few days from Seville or from Malaga.

Mike from NYC

Follow the link to get info in English on Buses in Spain & Europe.

Alsa is a major bus company, but the dates are too much in advance TO BOOK NOW, so use a date that will give you the information you need SAY A MONTH AWAY, REMEMBER THE INFO may not be valid for 9 months AWAY BUT CAN GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF OPTIONS TO THINK ABOUT .

You can pay via PAYPAL WHEN YOU ARE READY TO BOOK, in the future.

The other Bus line is Euroliners.

http://www.eurolines.com/

Both Bus companies are good for National and International travel, if you want to fly to ANY Europe City other then in Spain and need to get to Spain from another country.

Both buses can also take you to Morraco via the ferry from Madrid, Seville takes you on to the ferry to Tangier and can connect you to FEZ, MARAKESH, CASABLANCA WITH MUCH LESS STRESS THEN DOING IT BY YOURSELF at a great rate .

http://www.alsa.es/portal/site/Alsa/menuitem.a7c44d55640986d909950995421000e5/?vgnextoid=c3baadd80af58110VgnVCM1000002401005eRCRD&vgnextchannel=c3baadd80af58110VgnVCM1000002401005eRCRD

Mike in NYC

• 3 weeks later...
Follow the link to get info in English on Buses in Spain & Europe.

Alsa is a major bus company, but the dates are too much in advance TO BOOK NOW, so use a date that will give you the information you need SAY A MONTH AWAY, REMEMBER THE INFO may not be valid for 9 months AWAY BUT CAN GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF OPTIONS TO THINK ABOUT .

You can pay via PAYPAL WHEN YOU ARE READY TO BOOK, in the future.

The other Bus line is Euroliners.

http://www.eurolines.com/

Both Bus companies are good for National and International travel, if you want to fly to ANY Europe City other then in Spain and need to get to Spain from another country.

Both buses can also take you to Morraco via the ferry from Madrid, Seville takes you on to the ferry to Tangier and can connect you to FEZ, MARAKESH, CASABLANCA WITH MUCH LESS STRESS THEN DOING IT BY YOURSELF at a great rate .

http://www.alsa.es/portal/site/Alsa/menuitem.a7c44d55640986d909950995421000e5/?vgnextoid=c3baadd80af58110VgnVCM1000002401005eRCRD&vgnextchannel=c3baadd80af58110VgnVCM1000002401005eRCRD

Mike in NYC

great information, thanks... BTW, all booked for Adventure TA May 1st 2011 along with others. there is a thread also http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1363649&highlight=adventure

• 1 month later...

Booked the Spring TransAtlantic for May 1, 2011 also purchased a RT Air ticket just incase I do go in the fall. It was actually cheaper then buying it one way!

Still 50/50 If I'll do the fall TransAtlantic, which is my favorite way to cross. I'll give you previews as I sail.

Hope to be with you on the fall crossing! Michael

• 3 weeks later...
Husband and I are booked for this cruise. Great rates and great ports on a nice ship. Let's see how many FOD will cruise on this TransAtlantic.

Anyone? :-)

Sorry the guy who started this thread, and husband, can`t make it!

Due to a scheduling conflict, we are unable to keep our reservation for this cruise. We hope you have a great time.

Dan (ltdang) and Trickie Dickie

Sorry the guy who started this thread, and husband, can`t make it!

Due to a scheduling conflict, we are unable to keep our reservation for this cruise. We hope you have a great time.

Dan (ltdang) and Trickie Dickie

Hi Dan an Trickie Dickie,

I hope we will meet us on a further cruise

Have a great time.

Freedwart

It was sad to cancel our TA this November. But fate sometimes is a gem.

So by cancelling our cruise due to work, we will be booking an exciting specialty cruise in late October 2011 instead. ...

but also, we have rebooked the exact same TA (but better) November 3rd 2012

Adventure of the seas, Malaga - San Juan - 15 nights

stopping in Antigua, St-Martin and St.Thomas. So we feel that this is actually better and we are just as happy or more with these new bookings!

So sorry we won`t me you all, but we are happy with our new sailings!

take care!

Dan

Archived