Roll Calls

Gem Lover

Why do some roll call threads become popular and other fade into the background? If I could figure this out I wouldn't get so frustrated with little or no responses. Can anyone give me some clues to make the thread sound more appealing or am I just wasting my time.

Gem;)

There really is no simple answer for that. Sometimes you'll get a lot of people from CC on the same cruise, the next time practically none. The closer you get to the cruise, the more likely you are to get others to join the roll call. Don't give up! Just keep posting so it isn't lost on page 20 and hopefully you'll find others to join in! :)

On our cruise on the Splendour out of Galveston it took forever to get people posting to the thread. There were several lurkers that would read the post, but they weren't posting to the thread. I finally came up with the idea of the virtual cruise..... I would post pretend days of our ral days on the ship. I guess they thought it was funny enough to start posting. Before we sailed I had them begging for more. On our last cruise on the Brilliance I was told by alot of the Meet and Mingle people that I helped make the time fly. IMHO you have to have a ring leader that ropes them in..... and starts them typing. Five couples of our last cruise are sailing together again so the CC roll call does work. We didn't know any of these people before we sailed.

I hope they start typing back to you. Have a wonderful cruise.:)

PS I have also found that not everyone knows about the CC Board. On our last cruise I tried to promote it as much as possible. It is so much more fun to cruise with a group of new online friends.

Archived