The Baths or Jost Van Dyke

DarceyJK

I'm glad I experienced both, but if I could only go back to one I would pick JVD. It was what a Caribbean beach experience should be, in my opinion. No jet skis or parasailing or anything like that. It was just a beautiful beach and sand and bars. A very low key day. I enjoy the other route also, but it is nice at times to smell the roses a little more. Soggy Dollar bar was great. I hope to make it to Foxy's next time.

In terms of the Baths, it was also a pretty postvard view. You don't have to be a strong swimmer to get around. We hiked, crawled thorugh the baths, then swam back to the boat.

I'm glad I experienced both, but if I could only go back to one I would pick JVD. It was what a Caribbean beach experience should be, in my opinion. No jet skis or parasailing or anything like that. It was just a beautiful beach and sand and bars. A very low key day. I enjoy the other route also, but it is nice at times to smell the roses a little more. Soggy Dollar bar was great. I hope to make it to Foxy's next time.

In terms of the Baths, it was also a pretty postvard view. You don't have to be a strong swimmer to get around. We hiked, crawled thorugh the baths, then swam back to the boat.

Do you know how old you have to be to drink alcohol in Tortola? One of my children is 20.. Just wondering.. Thanks for the info!!

It'll be our first time in Tortola - wondering which excursion we should choose: The Baths or Jost Van Dyke. I am not a strong swimmer, but the rest of my family is.

Having just returned from our cruise, with a stop at Tortola, I would highly recommennd JVD through Tortola Charters. They are great! We had a perfect day with a fantastic catamaran sail to the island, snorkeling, drinking Painkillers & relaxing on a beautiful beach!

We would do this same excursion again, if we return to Tortola again.

• 2 weeks later...
It'll be our first time in Tortola - wondering which excursion we should choose: The Baths or Jost Van Dyke. I am not a strong swimmer, but the rest of my family is.

So many places to see & visit in & around Tortola.The first time we went to Tortola we went to the Baths. The second time we went to Jost Van Dyke. You don't need to be a great swimmer to enjoy either one. While at the Baths you can just wade though the water between the boulders. Going to Jost you have to swim a bit maybe 50'-60' before you can stand. There are no docks at White Bay. Tortola Charters supplies waterski type belts for those who can't swim. The next time we visit we will be going to Cane Garden Bay.

Archived