What is the one thing that you should have taken on your first cruise??

kiwi121210

Blistix ( I know that is mispelled but if you get cold sores you know what I mean) you may not be able to get it on the ship or in port and if you do it is expensive. Also don't forget chapstick. Sometimes your lips can get a little wind burn on the ship when it is moving.

I will never cruise with out an over the door shoe hanger. We use cable ties to hang it from the robe hooks that have been on the inside of the bathroom door of every cruise we been on. It allows you to store and see all the odds and ends you need in the bathroom, plus sunscreen, vitamins, hair bands, etc. On the back of the door they are reachable from the sink, toilet, shower and when the door is open from the hall, so you can get to things even if someone else occupying the bathroom.

A newer addition to my list- sticky notes for reminders and packing day. After both hubby and I proclaim a drawer empty, we put a sticky note on it so we don't miss anything.

The newest after being offloaded in France after 1 day of a 12 day cruise (Celebrity Century 10/13/2010) a netbook with long battery life. Most cruises go without a hitch but never again will I be without access to internet and e-mail when I need to change flights, find a hotel, contact travel agent, etc.

Enjoy your cruise!

The newest after being offloaded in France after 1 day of a 12 day cruise (Celebrity Century 10/13/2010) a netbook with long battery life. Most cruises go without a hitch but never again will I be without access to internet and e-mail when I need to change flights, find a hotel, contact travel agent, etc.

Enjoy your cruise!

Welcome to the carnival part of the cruise critic forum, Chris! I hope you have a wonderful cruise, you certainly deserve that after what happened last october. I haven't been on the Fantasy, but did take a cruise on the Imagination, a sister ship. It's an older, smaller ship & sometimes the shorter cruises don't give the same feel as the 7 day or longer cruises. I'm hoping you have the best time - if you are a chocolate fan please try the warm chocolate melting cake one night - it's available every night whether it's one of the listed desserts or not.

A newer addition to my list- sticky notes for reminders and packing day. After both hubby and I proclaim a drawer empty, we put a sticky note on it so we don't miss anything.

Great idea! I always take post its to leave notes for the steward, but I never thought about using them to make sure we're all packed up. I will do that next time.

One thing I always bring is twice as many pairs of socks as I think I'll need. If my feet are comfy, I'm happy, and depending on how much I walk, the weather, etc, I may want to change socks mid-afternoon or even twice in a day. I also bring a good supply of 1 gallon zip lock bags for things like used socks, wet clothes, things I think could leak in my suitcase, etc.

One more tip I have not seen mentioned; Wear your most comfortable shoes on the days you travel (Air flights, bus rides, however you get to and home from the port, etc.) You never know what might happen when you travel, and my experience is that it's MUCH easier to go with the flow and have a good time whatever happens if you are physically comfortable.

I also pack a "comfort measures" bag with things like lip balm, moist towelettes, cold medicine, toenail clippers, tweezers, Neosporin, fabric bandages (which stay on better at sea for some reason), "Shower Soothers" (menthol tablets to use in the shower if you get stuffy), saline nasal spray, analgesic of choice (Aleve for me), etc. Whatever you've made a quick trip to the local drug store for in the last few years. I can fit all my comfort measures in a 1 gallon zip lock bag and that gets tossed in the suitcase.

Sticky notes for notes, drawers, door, etc.

Highlighter to mark the daily paper

powerstrip (for sure!)

nightlight

sound machine to cover the fighting couple on one and the honeymooning couple on the other side

now......UNpack at least one shirt, one pair of shorts......on a caribbean cruise you won't need all that crap!

Archived