EPIC: Anyone on or sailing soon? Need a favor.

k9sar

As we were decorating our Christmas tree, we came across a box that had ornaments from all of our previous cruises. Being a guy, I was oblivious to the fact that we were collecting them. Problem is, we sailed on the EPIC in August and never thought to look for a Christmas ornament. If anyone is on the ship now or sailing soon, please let me know if you would be willing to take a look for me and possibly purchase one and mail it to me? (I will certainly cover the cost of purchase and shipping) I would prefer a little model of the ship if available. If not, perhaps some other ornament that has NCL Epic 2010 or something like that. Feel free to PM me, I check the boards daily.

Thanks a bunch

Scott

As we were decorating our Christmas tree, we came across a box that had ornaments from all of our previous cruises. Being a guy, I was oblivious to the fact that we were collecting them. Problem is, we sailed on the EPIC in August and never thought to look for a Christmas ornament. If anyone is on the ship now or sailing soon, please let me know if you would be willing to take a look for me and possibly purchase one and mail it to me? (I will certainly cover the cost of purchase and shipping) I would prefer a little model of the ship if available. If not, perhaps some other ornament that has NCL Epic 2010 or something like that. Feel free to PM me, I check the boards daily.

Thanks a bunch

Scott

We're sailing next week 18th-25th. If they would ever have an ornament I would think that would be the time. We'd be glad to pick you one up.

Dave - Cool of you. Scott is my brother and sailed with us in late July.

Scott - I didn't know you were collecting them either. However, I didn't see any on the ship in July. I wasn't looking specifically, but I did spend a fair amount of time in the main gift shop looking at souvenirs.

Dave

That would be great. I tried to spend very little time in the stores since that was not why I was on the cruise. I think I strolled through once to pickup a cheap watch for my son. Anyway, if you happen upon one, just let me know and I'll PM you my address. I can eitehr mail you a check or paypal you an appropriate amount to cover the expenses (including the paypal fees).

Scott

Dave - Cool of you. Scott is my brother and sailed with us in late July.

Scott - I didn't know you were collecting them either. However, I didn't see any on the ship in July. I wasn't looking specifically, but I did spend a fair amount of time in the main gift shop looking at souvenirs.

wow... where's my brain. I was in California in August, the cruise was in July. Wait... what month is this? :confused:

wow... where's my brain. I was in California in August, the cruise was in July. Wait... what month is this? :confused:

Know what you mean. Yesterday I was in Chicago and it was 15 degrees. Today it's 75 and sunny in San Diego. My brain and body are SO confused. :)

We usually collect the ship ornaments and the magnet of the ship. However, in August, on the Dawn, they did not have either of them. I hope that does mean that they are no longer making them. Best of Luck finding one because they are nice keepsakes! :)

Just off the ship today and yes they do have them....picked one up for myself...hopefully someone will get one for you. Two different styles I saw, they are both pretty.

Cool! Guess they weren't ready back in July. :) Dang..now I might want one too. Do you remember how much it cost?

Sorry to hijack but OMG! I LOVE this quote:

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, torn up and shouting...

" HOLY CRAP...what a ride !!!! "

It made my night, k9sar, considering that it really wasn't 15 degrees in Chicago yesterday (I work outside so I consider myself an expert :D), but tomorrow it will be, after about the 3 inches of rain we're getting tonight it will be one big skating rink around here for the next few days. :eek:

Sorry to hijack but OMG! I LOVE this quote:

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, torn up and shouting...

" HOLY CRAP...what a ride !!!! "

It made my night, k9sar, considering that it really wasn't 15 degrees in Chicago yesterday (I work outside so I consider myself an expert :D), but tomorrow it will be, after about the 3 inches of rain we're getting tonight it will be one big skating rink around here for the next few days. :eek:

I was in Rosemont all week, and Friday morning it was in the mid-teens according to the thermometer at the Intercontinental. Also had snow Thursday. A bit too much excitement for this southern california boy. :) I can't imagine working outside in that town.

Cool! Guess they weren't ready back in July. :) Dang..now I might want one too. Do you remember how much it cost?

The one I bought is all brass colored, very pretty, kind of a 3D look. It cost $6.50. The other one was painted to look like the ship and it cost a little bit more...possibly around $10.00...but very pretty. I hope someone can get one for you. Just hung mine on my tree today...it was the perfect addition!

The one I bought is all brass colored, very pretty, kind of a 3D look. It cost $6.50. The other one was painted to look like the ship and it cost a little bit more...possibly around $10.00...but very pretty. I hope someone can get one for you. Just hung mine on my tree today...it was the perfect addition!

Thanks for the info! Hopefully somebody will grab us a couple (maybe one of each) on the next trip. Shame they didn't have them back this summer, but the ship just started sailing at that point. Guess they still didn't have everything done. :)

It was interesting to see some of the things that the designers thought were a good idea that didn't pan out functionally once they got passengers aboard. My favorite was the cylindrical 'globes' on the post lights heading out to the deck on 15. I think 3 of them were broken off by the time we docked. I wonder if they redesigned them now that they realize it was a bad choice (like the faucets)

Anyway, sounds like we might have a chance of adding the EPIC to our collection.

It was interesting to see some of the things that the designers thought were a good idea that didn't pan out functionally once they got passengers aboard. My favorite was the cylindrical 'globes' on the post lights heading out to the deck on 15. I think 3 of them were broken off by the time we docked. I wonder if they redesigned them now that they realize it was a bad choice (like the faucets)

Anyway, sounds like we might have a chance of adding the EPIC to our collection.

Don't forget the welding we saw that one afternoon when they were modifying the "fins" at the bottom of the poles on the pool deck that people kept tripping over. :)

If not there is always Ebay :) I just bought a Voyager one on there and I need a Carnival Conquest one as when I got to it the whole thing was smashed. Good luck!

Thanks a bunch

Scott

I will be on the ship in January if you guys still need one. I have no problem mailing them to you. If you need one, let me know what you would want maybe and a price and I can help out! Hopefully you get one before that so you can put it away with your ornaments, but it is easy to add to a box! :)

Thanks for the info! Hopefully somebody will grab us a couple (maybe one of each) on the next trip. Shame they didn't have them back this summer, but the ship just started sailing at that point. Guess they still didn't have everything done. :)

Got you guys covered. Mike, confirm you'd like one of each please... K9sar, which would you like?

I prefer the ceramic ones that are shaped like the cruise ship and painted appropriately. If that is not what the painted one looks like (ie. if it's a square with the ship painted on it), I'm OK with that too. Not a big fan of the metallic ones. They tend to be a little more fragile and I have kids and a dog.

and Thanks a bunch Dave. Enjoy your cruise!

The painted model of the ship is very nice and extremely detailed. Its the highlight of me and my new wifes tree this year. $15 if I remember correctly. Defiantly worth the money

Thanks for the info, xillbu. That's what I"m looking for. :) Congrats on the new wife as well.

Dave - let me know if you want some advance $

Archived