Can I get a lounge chair on my balcony?

Mist_ynight

I've got a balcony cabin on my upcoming cruise and noticed that there are regular chairs and a table on the balcony. I was looking at some other pics and they have lounge chairs on their balcony. I know they are probably pictures of the suites that have big balconies, but I was wondering if I could request a lounge chair rather then the table and chairs on my balcony? Has anyone done this? I would spend more time on my balcony if I could have a lounge chair. I love to lay around and read but like a quieter shaded area as opposed to out on the deck.

Most balconies are not big enough, but some of them are. Ship configurations sometimes have some balconies that are larger than others. One time we had a larger balcony (not a suite) and we asked our room steward if he could get us lounge chairs, and he did.

It never hurts to ask.

The balcony looks small, but all I want on it is a lounge chair, so it should fit. I'll ask my room steward.

Thanks Michelle, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Think of a ship having limited space. Let's assume that they bring you a lounge chair. Where are they going to store the table and two chairs from your balcony. If you are sailing on board Princess. The chair may be turned into a 3/4 lounge chair. You can use the other chair to prop up your feet. Princess no longer allows pool loungers on the balconies after the fire on board the Princess Star.

I am not familiar with the Sapphire. Not sure if their have 3/4 lounge chairs on their balconies.

Princess will not let you have a recliner on the balcony-only the chairs they provide-something about a fire awhile back that started in a chair from a tossed cigarette. The only recliners they allow are the ones they have placed in suites etc. We even asked our steward if we could buy one at a port and he got really nervous and said he could get in trouble if he didnt say anything if he saw it on our balcony

You can ask, but unless they can supply you with one of the new lounge chairs that are fire retardent, it won't be allowed. For many years, having a lounge brought to your stateroom balcony was against the rules, but they may have replaced them with new ones now. I have not read where one passenger on Princess had their request granted for a lounger in a very very long time though. Good Luck!

Archived