Carnival Conquest Christmas Day 2010

Ropnmom

My most gracious mother is taking my entire family on a Christmas cruise. We will be on the ship (Conquest) on Christmas day. What can we expect especially for the kids? Ages 11, 11, 12, and 15. Also, concerned about elegant formal night for the kids. Will they get turned away if wearing nice jeans and nice shirt? 2nd cruise for adults, 1st cruise for kids.:)

I would dress the kids in slacks, as jeans aren't allowed:

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Enjoy your cruise!

Our first cruise was a Conquest Christmas Cruise.

Beautiful decorations, small trinkets on the table on Christmas Eve, Christmas music, possibly champagne at embarkation, etc.

Have everyone wear something other than jeans for Elegant Nights.

Hi RopnMom:

We are on the Carnival Conquest for Christmas as well. We have a roll call of all the CC members here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=27162317#post27162317

Come join us! We have activities planned for pre-cruise, and a meet and greet with a cabin crawl. We are also going on a shore excursion together in Grand Cayman. We'd love to have you join our roll call. We can answer any questions you might have about the Conquest and Christmas sailing (see my signature).

Sherryl

Hi Ropinmom. I will also be on the Conquest Christmas cruise. I will be with my grandsons. They are 13 and 11. Maybe we can get our kids together. See Srobins thread and come on over to our cc roll call. Maybe we can meet up at the "Meet and Greet". My boys have always worn dress slacks, a dress shirt and tie to formal nights and fit right in. Hope to see you on board - coming up REAL SOON!!! Yea!!!

Another big Hello Ropinmom! :) Yes please come join us on the roll call we've got some fun things planned and your more than welcome to join in! What part of Oklahoma are you coming in from? We lived in the Lawton area for about 7 years before moving here to Galveston back in July. :D

Archived